Hit So Hard - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hit So Hard Reviews

June 21, 2015
interesting. for anyone that really likes the 90's alt rock band Hole aka Courtney Love's old rock band.
½ December 15, 2014
A well-made and entertaining look into the life of a passionate, punk drummer. It also has some interesting points about the gender gap in rock music and the music industry in general. Anyone who is a fan of the early 90s alternative music scene will find this film fascinating, especially since there are some great insights into the life of Kurt Cobain.
October 10, 2014
Kurdt is still alive and I know who he is. He still lives in Washington state. Thank you
½ August 2, 2014
Great look behind the scenes of a band and a close one at a great person.
March 14, 2014
A decent documentary, even though it is built with cheesy rockumentary cliches.
½ January 2, 2014
An interesting story about the rise and fall of a drummer.
½ January 1, 2014
An honest documentary about a drummer, but the film ends up showing much wider picture of an entire era.
November 26, 2013
If you're a fan of Hole from back in the day and Patty Schemel in particular, ya gotta watch this. Fantastic!!!
½ November 22, 2013
A move every drummer should see
August 25, 2013
Brilliant documentary. Definitely no holds barred, totally personal and very compelling in places. Patty Schemel is for sure my favourite female drummer, very inspirational.
June 28, 2013
Great behind the scenes look at Hole and the Seattle movie scene
½ March 2, 2013
Great documentary - anyone who liked Hole or even just that 90's era of women in rock would enjoy this. Interviews with Courtney Love, Veruca Salt etc. Nice flashback and also Patty's story is interesting. Got to say, Courtney does not come off too well here (but that's not surprising!).
February 24, 2013
Must see, not just for Hole fans but for anyone who loves the music from that era. Which is everyone, right?
February 24, 2013
Considering that she had such an intersting life, i thought that this could have been done so much better. It seems like some major events were skimmed over and instead the fim was padded out with as many home movies of kurt cobain as they could find. It is still an interesting story about someone we don't know a lot about, just badly directed.
½ February 22, 2013
Great documentary on the ups and many downs of Holes drummer Patty Schemel. Brought back many memories of my teenage years listening to Nirvana,Pearl Jame, etc. At points it feels like Ebersole couldn't decide if the documentary was about Schemel, Hole or the alternative rock scene and because of this it occasionally loses focus. Nice to discover Hole was more than Courtney Loves ego.
January 16, 2013
Far too often we hear of the tragedies, the deaths, the lives cut short. This is a story of survival and redemption. I enjoyed watching this and am so happy for Patty. One of the best parts of the film is her mom! Also - I bet we would all benefit if our lives had been documented in video in our twenties. I really liked this film and have recommended it to many other.
December 5, 2012
It starts as a pretty good documentary about the band Hole (which is infinitely more nuanced and powerful told through the lens of Schemel instead of her louder bandmate) and ends up an intelligent, clever and subtle reflection on the definitions of fame and success - how those forces warped the meaning of "underground" in the early 90s and still today work to lure us into redefining our selves to better service the man, the money and the machine. xoxo rock on, Patty!
½ December 4, 2012
much better than anticipated, it's always good to get a fresh perspective on what was going on during a particular record or tour for any band and then you have that extra information on the next listen. changes the way i hear songs anyway. my only major issue with this is the same with most music documentaries, i wish there would be more timelines calculating the timing of each major release in conjunction with the story. as a big record collector and music buff that's been my beef with many rockumentaries. too bad it wasn't possible for a proper band reunion as with out patty and the others there would be NO Hole... Courtney is just ONE part, and the others are all necessary.
November 28, 2012
A must-see for every Hole fan.
November 28, 2012
Great interviews and footage make it a compelling watch even though it tends to meander a bit. Some poignant footage of Kurt Cobain with his child. Worth a look.