Hitch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hitch Reviews

Page 2 of 19714
September 26, 2015
A fun and entertaining comedy romance that contains all the right elements and checks off all the appropriate boxes. Though very predictable, and a little underwhelming, the great case makes it worth watching.
September 12, 2015
own it...LOVE IT! Will Smith is great in this movie!
½ September 8, 2015
Will Smith being Will Smith. Kevin James being Kevin James. They both delivered fine performances.
A good romantic comedy only need a great chemistry and they achieved to deliver that. It didn't disappoint me.
I love Eva Mendes in this movie. She is so damn hot and gorgeous.
Overall, Hitch is an enjoyable romantic comedy with some cliches.
August 12, 2015
ridiculous and fun...gets better with age
August 10, 2015
Most critics like while most viewers hate this done better before generic romcom.
August 4, 2015
can watch over and over again
½ July 27, 2015
Solid romantic comedy that both you and your gal will enjoy.
½ July 18, 2015
Will Smith is nothing special in this film, same old humor from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Kevin James was the star of the film I though. Other than that the film was kind of boring, but it was funny at some points.
July 13, 2015
If I want to watch Will Smith, there'd better be aliens, explosions, or both.
½ July 11, 2015
Well. I figured this would be complete horse sh!t, but there were some good laughs here and there.
June 26, 2015
Just good, nothing more, nothing less.
½ June 20, 2015
Rating-3.5/10

Hitch, a Romantic Comedy starring Will Smith as a kind of love doctor who basically helps those less "experienced" at love and relationships. The movie itself is for me overrated, I have seen what some say about it and I just can't agree. It's a real predictable movie, seen before and really not very funny, it's not without it's heart but still, a fail in my book.

Now Smith gives it a good go, he isn't the problem at all here in fact he is one of the shining lights, excellently showing off his acting side in certain and I mean certain scenes. The story is too predictable, it's kind of new I'll give it that but it really doesn't play out any different to most poor Rom-com's. The love side is a little shaky really, I felt the chemistry between those who are involved is not great, can be good but could be a lot lot better.

You know I said this is a comedy but in truth, if you laugh at this then I commend you. It just isn't clinical enough and Andy Tennant the director just doesn't get enough from the cast, who could actually make this very funny if directed well. If you like the fun over the love then don't watch this, the romance is better than the humour involved so this is one that does best for the lovers.

Kevin James stars alongside Smith, and so does Eva Mendes who for me doesn't do herself any good, the role doesn't work and she just feels too unbelievable in her role. James does nicely in his role, should have been funnier but still manages to be fun to see and some of his scenes(mostly with Will Smith) are some of the better times. If you want a cast who work well together this isn't it, but individually this has moments of good fun to be had by all.

Now this film is fairly under-whelming, a kind of predictable cheese ball that has an air of smug(I felt the people behind this think it is much smarter than it actually turns out to be). It's a little too long at near 2 hours, kind of stretches itself and that is another reason this doesn't finish all so well. The move has it's extreme moments of cliché, it has it's moments of fun too and although few laughs, when some like Smith try to be funny, you can still smile if only a little.

Overall a movie I wouldn't recommend to many but could work for some, the kind of picture that wouldn't inspire me to see it all again but isn't the worst of the worst either. This is a bit of a blip for me in the career of Will Smith, in general it doesn't look like it with what I can see as the majority of critics and film viewers generally liking it but he doesn't finish this well, on that watch out for the ending scenes, the worst part of the entire movie.
June 2, 2015
Had this on DVD for a few years, but watched it in full for first time today. Very enjoyable Rom-com - 4/5
May 26, 2015
Good plot, bad dialog and acting
May 25, 2015
Good Rom Com. Makes for an enjoyable date movie.
½ May 23, 2015
I'm not really sure why I watched this. So many cliches.
½ May 23, 2015
Very light entertainment
½ May 19, 2015
August 13th 2009
October 5th 2012
May 19th 2015
May 17, 2015
Hitch is a decent romantic comedy that has three solid performances out of Smith, Mendes, and James. Not particularly my go to movie but I still enjoyed it aside from its dull plot. Hitch still provides a feel good sense to it and a good time.
½ May 9, 2015
A solid comedy led solely by Smith's performance, backed by James' dorkiness, and wrapped up by a story about love. In the end, it's not all that it could've been, but it's a fairly decent romantic comedy and it's worth the watch. (76%)
Page 2 of 19714