The Hitcher II: I've Been Waiting - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hitcher II: I've Been Waiting Reviews

October 28, 2015
I kinda liked it 3/5
November 27, 2014
The sequel to the 80's movie with Rutger Hauer as the baddie. C Thomas Howell again plays Jim, travelling the same stretch of highway and foolishly picking up another hitchhiker. Jake Busey is no Rutger Hauer, but he plays the role with relish. I never miss an opportunity to see Kari Wuhrer in action. Average thriller.
February 25, 2014
This movie proves that sequels are a huge waste of time and money. Especially ones that are made 20 years later.
½ February 15, 2014
Not as good as the first one, that scared me a lot. Not so much this one.
February 7, 2014
C. Thomas Howell really, really got bad at acting, speaking in a low growl for the majority of his time on screen. The protagonist ended up being boring, the antagonist was everything but compelling, and the story was pretty nonexistant. Such an unnecessary sequel. Ugh, I'm gonna take a shower and wash myself of this movie.
½ July 1, 2013
Ok, the hitcher 2 entertained me, but I just think it went in the wrong direction than i had thought. C Thomas is killed within 1/3 of the movie, and the girl is the main suspect, kinda like the first film. I figured the movie woulda been about C thomas, but then the movie u-turned on me. Where the film lacked was jake busey, yes he looks like a freak but he's not a good actor. He cant compete with Mr. Rutger Hauer. However the truck/plane scene near the end was cool. Not good but not terrible either.
½ June 30, 2013
Too similar to the first one to really be worth watching. But it does have some good moments.
½ May 14, 2013
A tad boring at times and shot like a low grade '80s tv movie.. but not all bad. This sequel offers a fun surprise for fans of the original... but I won't ruin it for you.. and while it won't bring new viewers to the franchise, fans of the first can't be too angry that it exists... unless they find Busey as awkward as I do. :/ The Hitcher II makes as much sense as its predecessor... little. So you will forgive it again if necessary.
½ May 6, 2013
Direct-to-DVD horror sequel. You do the math.
March 29, 2013
Surprisingly decent sequel. Not nearly as good as the original or the remake, but still tense and enjoyable, with a solid climax. The three leads all do a decent job, I just wish C. Thomas Howell had been the protagonist. It would have made the move much more interesting.
January 31, 2013
It has been 15 years, but Officer Jim Halsey hasn't forgotten the horrible events that he experienced as a teen out on that desolate stretch of highway in Texas. He decides to return with his wife to face down his own personal demons, only to find that the hitcher from his nightmares has been waiting for another ride... C. Thomas Howell returns as the paranoid Jim Halsey in this late sequel to the high-octane thriller THE HITCHER, although it is Kari Wuhrer who ultimately faces off with the demented killer. Jake Busey fills in for Rutger Hauer this round, who is a suitable choice for the villain (if not completely over-the-top). While the throwaway lines and dialog are all deeply embedded in genre cliches, the unexpected action sequences are fresh and unpredictable. They still have a very small feel to them as opposed to the explosive action of the first film, though director Louis Morneau does leave off with a dogfight between a crop duster and a tanker truck. As unnecessary and repetitive as THE HITCHER 2 may be, it still provides mild entertainment for the jaded viewer.
½ October 27, 2012
Decent sequel despite similar plot. Jim Halsey returns to the deslolate highway 15 years later with his girlfriend to rid himself of lingering demons only to pick up another psycho hitch hiker. Talk about rotten luck. Kari Wuhrer good as usual.
½ September 10, 2012
I have no idea why they made this...it has one of the dumbest plots I've ever seen on a sequel...let's just hope and pray that they don't try to remake this one as well to accompany the 2007 flop
½ August 3, 2012
Un-needed sequel that was released years after it was relevant.
July 16, 2012
After being discharged from the local police force, Jim Halsey travels to Texas with his girlfriend Maggie to o face down his demons and visit an old friend. Along the way, however, Jim & Maggie picks up a demented hitchhiker who has diabolical plans for the duo.
May 31, 2012
Awful, I turned this off after about 20 minutes!
½ May 21, 2012
Just as good as the original if not better only thing missin is Rutger hauer. This sequal does not suck. Same style as the first movie. more gruesome then the first. C thomas howell comes back. Its a ride from the beggining to the end. If u like the original Hitcher you will love this! Amazing score.
November 28, 2011
It was obviously never going to compare to the original, but the plot synopsis at least made it sound like it had potential. C. Thomas Howell pointlessly returns - his only real role in this is to pass the torch of victim to his missus - and so we have a typical psycho chasing girl formula. The plot holes are multiple and frequent, and Jake Busey was never going to top Rutger Hauer's spectacular performance from the first film. There are vague hints at the hitcher possessing some sort of supernatural presence, but these aren't particularly developed. Totally forgettable and unnecessary sequel.
½ July 29, 2011
This is how bad the original Hitcher would have been if Rutger Hauer had been replaced by Jake Busey, or, let's say - oh yeah, Sean Bean. Fortunately, the original had a great villain to fall back on, to make up for it's ridiculous plot - this garbage didn't.
½ July 27, 2011
A waste of good film reel. Most of the film doesn't work. It doesn't know if it's horror, action, or thriller. It is senseless and unrewarding. Even the beautiful Kari Wuhrer can't redeem it.