The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Reviews

August 9, 2016
I'm not sure what to rate this movie because I really enjoyed the first half, but had to cut the movie short to attend to other things. When I returned to watch it, I just couldn't get into it.
½ August 6, 2016
Good movie but the book is better
July 30, 2016
Finely crafted, clueless comedy with a lighthearted center fold.
June 30, 2016
A movie for and and every mood. Excellent and quite true to the books!
½ May 29, 2016
A funny sci fi film that takes us to a tour for the galaxy using a ship based in the uncertainty quantum principle. Very creative.
April 24, 2016
Very imaginative and with cool points of view to what may be, hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy is a fun ride, but much like the hitchhiker, you're not really expected to have any ideas of your own. You're just there to be take the ride. Also, I'm starting to feel Martin Freeman's not really acting, just being himself in every movie.
April 3, 2016
ð??? Good attempt. If you see this and like it, the book will blow your mind. ð???
March 5, 2016
While slightly disappointing, as an Adams fan I had to love every second of the movie. And with Adams himself manning the screenplay, I don't think we're ever getting a better adaptation.
½ February 16, 2016
Arthur journeys through space after Earth is blown up.

Following Earth's destruction, Arthur finds himself travelling through space with his odd friend, a girl he recently met and a fugitive space president.

This movie has plenty of random fun and laughs while we journey through a strange and different universe on the run from the unpoetic and red-tape obsessive Vogon's.

There's plenty to enjoy, though I have to admit I'm not sure how it relates or whether it respects the original TV series or book.
February 1, 2016
Not the most faithful adaptation of the source material, but captures the spirit of the novel wonderfully. Funny, smart, fast, witty, and decked out with a fantastic cast, this film instantly joined the list of my favorite films of all time after the first viewing.
December 31, 2015
The effects aren't bad and Martin Freeman makes a very decent Arthur Dent, but the writings of Douglas Adams are of such whimsical scatter, which really doesn't translate to film all that engagingly.
½ December 22, 2015
i dont understand a thing
½ November 8, 2015
Fantastically odd and entertaining
November 8, 2015
underated by a lot i hope it gets a cult following
½ October 29, 2015
Just watch the old BBC production of the first 3 books instead, it holds up much better. I don't know if this is even close to Douglas Adams own script, but I hope it isn't. Not completely terrible, but any fan of the books will be dissapointed.
½ October 14, 2015
I thought it was going to be good but instead it was stupid. I felt like it was waisted time I could have spent doing something else.
October 6, 2015
Very fun random film in a similar light to films such as The Fifth Element. It's a fun film. A film about the universe, the guide to the universe. It puts things into perspective. A very weird film. A very interesting film. Fun, fun, fun.
September 25, 2015
Odd but kind of awesome
September 15, 2015
Somewhat confusing if you haven't read the books, but still one of the funniest movies I've ever seen!!!
½ September 13, 2015
Roteiro e direção não conseguem transpor para o cinema a narrativa nonsense genial do espetacular livro de Douglas Adams - um dos autores mais perspicazes de nosso tempo -, e com um material tão cinematográfico em mãos, isso é de uma incompetência notável.
Apenas a Trillian de Zoey Deschannel e Alan Rickman como o impagável Marvin valem uma olhada.