The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Reviews

½ December 22, 2015
i dont understand a thing
½ November 8, 2015
Fantastically odd and entertaining
November 8, 2015
underated by a lot i hope it gets a cult following
½ October 29, 2015
Just watch the old BBC production of the first 3 books instead, it holds up much better. I don't know if this is even close to Douglas Adams own script, but I hope it isn't. Not completely terrible, but any fan of the books will be dissapointed.
½ October 14, 2015
I thought it was going to be good but instead it was stupid. I felt like it was waisted time I could have spent doing something else.
October 6, 2015
Very fun random film in a similar light to films such as The Fifth Element. It's a fun film. A film about the universe, the guide to the universe. It puts things into perspective. A very weird film. A very interesting film. Fun, fun, fun.
September 25, 2015
Odd but kind of awesome
September 15, 2015
Somewhat confusing if you haven't read the books, but still one of the funniest movies I've ever seen!!!
½ September 13, 2015
Roteiro e direção não conseguem transpor para o cinema a narrativa nonsense genial do espetacular livro de Douglas Adams - um dos autores mais perspicazes de nosso tempo -, e com um material tão cinematográfico em mãos, isso é de uma incompetência notável.
Apenas a Trillian de Zoey Deschannel e Alan Rickman como o impagável Marvin valem uma olhada.
September 12, 2015
Disappointing compared with the original TV series (and radio series). In the original, the story was secondary to the humour. In this re-make, you can't help but feel the humour is rather squeezed by the story. Good performance from Martin Freeman, but I couldn't make out what the guy playing Ford Prefect was saying some of the time.
August 29, 2015
Feeling in the mood for some cheeky Brit humor, all understated and smart and whatnot, then one will not do badly here. We take a tour of the galaxy, meet some strange lifeforms (very Star Wars bar scene), and struggle with the meaning of life (Monty Python territory, eh?). It's a fun outing, if a bit kinky and weird, but that's the Brits for you.
August 28, 2015
There's nothing to not love about this movie! I wish I hadn't waited so long to see it.
August 27, 2015
Too silly in my opinion for a sci-fi movie.
August 25, 2015
It may deviate from its book counterpart, but this movie does capture one important aspect that the book had and that is its quirkiness. Quirkiness kept this film fun and light for me. I definetly think the atmosphere of this film adaptation was how I imagined it in my mind while reading the book. There were flaws that I don't feel like getting into in the film. To put it simply, cutting scenes off the original story really hurt character development, which there was little of in this movie. Overall the HHGTTG movie felt rushed and rough, but with enjoyable performances and a great atmosphere. Not bad, not great. "So long and thanks for all the fish."
½ August 23, 2015
I have seen this movie a couple of times now and find that it gets funnier the more I watch it. It still isn't the greatest film but it has plenty of laughs and an interesting story.
Its main weakness is the cast to be honest, I didn't like Mos Def or Sam Rockwell.
August 19, 2015
Creative but really is too strange and lacks proper structure.

42....
August 14, 2015
Sure, the movie is whacky and sometimes funny, but only enough to achieve a smugness that the film is not appealing enough to earn.
August 10, 2015
Doesn't follow the books very well, and the humor is too esoteric to be funny most of the time.
½ August 10, 2015
I did not read the book and found the movie overly confusing.
August 9, 2015
Personally, while the movie is predictable and kinda odd, I think it is a good time. I also think it's pretty underrated, which kinda infuriates me, but oh well. I think the film is pretty funny(despite what Roger Ebert said about it), I like the actors, the love for practical effects and I think they had a great movie going on here. I do wish it would get a sequel, but the director was really hurt by the film's poor reception, even though the film spawned a small fanbase that praise this movie for its odd nature.

If you have a chance, give "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" a watch, you'll have a great time.