Hitman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hitman Reviews

½ December 22, 2015
Not quite the "genetically cloned killer" from the game but I suppose its close enough. Hopefully they will sort that out in the sequel. A very enjoyable movie, sit down, relax and watch the action.
December 20, 2015
I'm a massive fan of this film, was engrossing and harped back to a few game references, very good
½ December 18, 2015
i was looking forward to this but the lead is so damn uninteresting yeah hes a hitman but i prefer him to be a bit more like deadpool...it wont happen and after 30 minutes i returned the dvd and got casino instead
December 13, 2015
This is a fantastic action movie. Don't watch it for the plot; watch it for the amazing fights!
½ December 11, 2015
Olyphant is good, and though Kurylenko and Scott come close, but nothing else about the movie lives up to Olyphant's performance. The direction is bad, rushing an already thin plot and utilizing a tell, don't show approach. It was better when I was younger and although it remains an alright adaption will excellently filmed action, the story provides nothing more than empty entertainment. "I brought you breakfast." It's one of those movies that's worth watching whenever it's on television but nowhere else.
November 18, 2015
Looks like I forgot to rate this years ago!
November 16, 2015
Una de mis peliculas favoritas, la recomiendo mucho
October 27, 2015
Much better movie than this 14% rating implies.
½ October 24, 2015
Is it good? No, no way. But it IS entertaining as hell, easy going, and the performances are actually not that bad (at least those from the main cast). It is absolutely rewatchable, and the story is easy to understand (mostly because it is just really dumb). But I can't go to hard on this movie, because in the genre of videogame-movies this might just be one of the best (which really isn't saying much though).
October 16, 2015
Good fun and a lot of action. Maybe when you see it, you wonder: how much of this could actually be true? I don't know, but it's ok.
October 15, 2015
What is it with Hollywood adaptations of video-games?

Generally speaking, they're never really that good: in fact, I'm struggling to think of any that are even half-way decent.

Unfortunately, Hitman isn't.

As I only really have a passing acquaintance with the source material, I can't really say how closely this sticks to it, but what I can say is: boy oh boy, is this violent. I've just noticed that Flixster is showing it as a '12' rating: if that's true, it must either be (a) some sort of edited version or (b) one of the most inapt classifications I have seen: blood, guts and gore, strong language and full-frontal nudity do not, in my book, equal a 12!

This has a pre Die-Hard Timothy Olyphant as the Hitman of the title, a man with no name who is simply known as 'Agent 47'. As is the way of things in movies, he gets drawn into a conspiracy when he is set-up after carrying out a job, leading to a climactic showdown in the final reels.

I'd heard there's a new Hitman movie out later this year (2015): it will be interesting to see how (or even if) that newer films pertains to this - will it ignore it? Works these events in? Only time will tell ...
½ October 14, 2015
Hitman is a decent thriller to the average watcher. From a gamers point of view I thought Hitman portrayal was very good. The walk, the talk, the camera shots overhead from a gamers perspective, the movie never forgot its routes. However the story of the movie let it down, because of this Hitmans character does stray from the assassin to the likeable which is not entirely true to its routes. The style of the movie in terms of the colours, filters, locations etc were spot on but the movie lacks a cutting edge. Bar Timothy Olyphant, the performances were below par but overall its a good watch.
October 13, 2015
I still like this better
October 13, 2015
as far as movies based upon video games this one is one of the better ones
½ September 17, 2015
Well after many bad reviews i wasnt expecting much from this film, but i am happy to say this is an entertaining watch. yes ive played the games which is probably half the reason i enjoyed it, but overall it was good. Olyphant does a very good job as 47, even down to the walk. Okay the only downer on the storyline was the damn love story. 47 is a born and bred killing machine, he wouldnt fall in love. actually also it needed more blood, they should of never cut it again to show less. good watch though.
September 16, 2015
Entretenida, pero ahí no más.
September 11, 2015
Olyphant's and Kurylenko's performances in this movie were worth the price of admission; I loved their chemistry. Dougray Scott was also well cast; all three performances, the pacing, and the cinematography made this movie one well worth the watch.
September 8, 2015
another movie in which fox had to stick their noses in and ended up just being a ton of reshoots.
September 7, 2015
Honestly, not as bad as I thought it would be. I don't know how much it actually had to do with the game itself, but the action was excellent.