Hitman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hitman Reviews

March 19, 2016
Based on the popular video game, Hitman is an action-packed (if not somewhat generic) film that's entertaining and fun. The story follows an elite assassin who's been contracted to kill the Russian President, but things go sideways when he discovers that he's been betrayed by his employer and setup to be killed. Starring Timothy Olyphant, Olga Kurylenko, and Robert Knepper, the film has a good cast. And, the action sequences are exciting and suspenseful. But the plot is formulaic and the characters are standard action film stereotypes. Still, for a shoot 'em up thriller, Hitman gets the job done.
March 12, 2016
I've always hoped that this great game would become a movie, the question is will it be a good movie....I'm already dubious of the choice for 47 with Timothy Olyphant...I want to know why Jason Statham declined the role....
½ March 5, 2016
Olyphants dead pan portrayal of Agent 47 comes off as sincere and one of the most accurate betrayals of a video game character. While the movie is related to the game in name only, they do a good job of writing their own story with it that is entertaining and believable. If you're looking for a synopsis of the Hitman games you won't find it here, but if you want to see what Agent 47 would truly be like if double crossed and not busy arranging unconscious guards in funny poses, then this movie is for you.
February 20, 2016
remember seeing this movie at the cinema, not a bad movie but not a great one either, worth watching if your a fan of the Hitman Video Games
February 9, 2016
Snazzy and looks great, a must watch for Hitman's fans.
½ February 4, 2016
This video game adaptation tries way too hard trying to be a awesome action film, as it gives you bad acting, no plot whatsoever, and only fighting/action scenes. It is cool, but not really even a film, as I can totally see why critics hated this. The action is not nonstop, and throughout the film it is boring. This film could have done way better.
January 8, 2016
An entertaining experience, which doesn't offer anything that we cannot see in the game, but don't disappoint me as action movie.
January 8, 2016
Fun movie a movie ment for action and not for story and acting and that is why this is a decent movie
½ December 22, 2015
Not quite the "genetically cloned killer" from the game but I suppose its close enough. Hopefully they will sort that out in the sequel. A very enjoyable movie, sit down, relax and watch the action.
December 20, 2015
I'm a massive fan of this film, was engrossing and harped back to a few game references, very good
½ December 18, 2015
i was looking forward to this but the lead is so damn uninteresting yeah hes a hitman but i prefer him to be a bit more like deadpool...it wont happen and after 30 minutes i returned the dvd and got casino instead
December 13, 2015
This is a fantastic action movie. Don't watch it for the plot; watch it for the amazing fights!
½ December 11, 2015
Olyphant is good, and though Kurylenko and Scott come close, but nothing else about the movie lives up to Olyphant's performance. The direction is bad, rushing an already thin plot and utilizing a tell, don't show approach. It was better when I was younger and although it remains an alright adaption will excellently filmed action, the story provides nothing more than empty entertainment. "I brought you breakfast." It's one of those movies that's worth watching whenever it's on television but nowhere else.
November 18, 2015
Looks like I forgot to rate this years ago!
November 16, 2015
Una de mis peliculas favoritas, la recomiendo mucho
October 27, 2015
Much better movie than this 14% rating implies.
½ October 24, 2015
Is it good? No, no way. But it IS entertaining as hell, easy going, and the performances are actually not that bad (at least those from the main cast). It is absolutely rewatchable, and the story is easy to understand (mostly because it is just really dumb). But I can't go to hard on this movie, because in the genre of videogame-movies this might just be one of the best (which really isn't saying much though).
October 16, 2015
Good fun and a lot of action. Maybe when you see it, you wonder: how much of this could actually be true? I don't know, but it's ok.
October 15, 2015
What is it with Hollywood adaptations of video-games?

Generally speaking, they're never really that good: in fact, I'm struggling to think of any that are even half-way decent.

Unfortunately, Hitman isn't.

As I only really have a passing acquaintance with the source material, I can't really say how closely this sticks to it, but what I can say is: boy oh boy, is this violent. I've just noticed that Flixster is showing it as a '12' rating: if that's true, it must either be (a) some sort of edited version or (b) one of the most inapt classifications I have seen: blood, guts and gore, strong language and full-frontal nudity do not, in my book, equal a 12!

This has a pre Die-Hard Timothy Olyphant as the Hitman of the title, a man with no name who is simply known as 'Agent 47'. As is the way of things in movies, he gets drawn into a conspiracy when he is set-up after carrying out a job, leading to a climactic showdown in the final reels.

I'd heard there's a new Hitman movie out later this year (2015): it will be interesting to see how (or even if) that newer films pertains to this - will it ignore it? Works these events in? Only time will tell ...
½ October 14, 2015
Hitman is a decent thriller to the average watcher. From a gamers point of view I thought Hitman portrayal was very good. The walk, the talk, the camera shots overhead from a gamers perspective, the movie never forgot its routes. However the story of the movie let it down, because of this Hitmans character does stray from the assassin to the likeable which is not entirely true to its routes. The style of the movie in terms of the colours, filters, locations etc were spot on but the movie lacks a cutting edge. Bar Timothy Olyphant, the performances were below par but overall its a good watch.