Hold Your Breath - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hold Your Breath Reviews

February 21, 2016
What a silly plot - Hold your breath tries to promote a horror/suspense genre but totally misses the target. Poor acting,a poor story and nothing scary in this flick makes it a nice pass !
½ January 22, 2016
another rare zero rating, have you ever seen a movie so bad it pisses you off? yeah case in point here it seriously is unspeakably horrible corny and hilarious with some of the worst acting I have ever seen
August 21, 2015
Not bad. Kinda cheesy. Good b flick horror.
½ January 25, 2015
I have to imagine they were trying to make a ridiculously bad movie. There's no other explanation as to how a movie turns out this way - it can't be accidental.
October 27, 2014
You can pretty much see everything before it happens. Stoner can't hold his breath, so the fun begins. You have all the right ingredients for a B thriller. Annoyingly bossy blonde, sex-crazed couple, pott-head, graveyard, abandoned prison, creepy old man with a shotgun. From the beginning where they all give up their cell phones, to the foreseeable facepalm of an ending. This is a decent way to pass the time, but don't expect to be impressed.
May 30, 2014
The Asylum production company must be profitable, but I don't see how. Hold Your Breath is a typical offering - horrible dialogue, over the top acting (although the cast is, as usual, young and attractive), and ridiculously low production values (watch for the SUV to change from a Chevy to a Toyota repeatedly with no rhyme nor reason).
½ January 7, 2014
The Movie Delivers Fresh Scares That The Paranormal Activity Writers Could Conjure Up. #HoldYourBreath Isn't The Best Movie To Come From The Asylum But It's A Good Watch
December 26, 2013
Okay movie, Wouldn't waste money on it if that's how you are going to watch it. I watched it for free, and its gory b ish
½ November 23, 2013
A straight-forward premise is messed up by a horrible script, god-awful acting, and gore that comes off as silliness instead of fun. The characters all continue the legacy of clichéd stupidity, making choices simply to service the plot. This could have been effective as an anthology piece but as a film, it is stretched way too thin and ultimately lacks anything memorable.
August 21, 2013
I want to see it now
June 25, 2013
Seen it , crazy ways that the spirit goes from one to another !
June 23, 2013
The acting isn't the best, and yes it's a lot like Fallen, but it wouldn't hurt to watch it. Try it. It's not that bad.
The cast is cute, and there is frontal nudity. *shrugs* worth it for me.
June 18, 2013
The myth is that when you pass a cemetery you have to hold your breath to keep any evil spirits from taking over your body. With a cast that has good resumes they really did quite the number on going down the poop chute with this story, even the typewriter broke down in the middle of making this garbage. What's even sadder is that they sort of left it for a chance of a sequel to happen, but we all know that holding your breath for that long we'll eventually die so it's a lose lose situation. Please don't hold your breath.
June 16, 2013
decent plot and acting from the main girl, everything else was blah.
½ May 28, 2013
This title plays out like the mentally challenged little brother of 'Fallen'... the spirit of a serial killer jumping from body to body. The problem is... the acting, the visuals, the story etc. Don't attempt CGI you can't afford to get right!
½ May 21, 2013
There is a decent structure to the film, but just not enough horror.
½ May 11, 2013
Everything about "#HoldYourBreath" is aggressively mediocre, shoddy and undistinguished. Not to mention terrible acting, I say SKIP IT!!!
May 4, 2013
Hold Your Breath....if you did that waiting for something awesome to happen, you would be dead. This movie is boring. It tries really hard, but sadly, just doesn't cut it. The acting and believability is atrocious. The story, while unoriginal, isn't bad until the ghost demon fight at the end. There is just a huge lack of tension that is needed.
DrStrangeblog
May 4, 2013
Katrina Bowden, the knockout receptionist of 30 Rock fame, has among the best pair of legs you will ever set eyes on.

That's the only good I can muster for this horror film as weak as Montgomery Burns. No scares, not even tingles. Even the 'boo' moments are bore moments. Some of the worst CGI you will find. And a cast of annoying, or dumb, or annoying AND dumb characters. No atmosphere nor intelligence went into set design either: a prison abandoned for 50 years still has shiny metal surfaces, no dust, and even working electricity.

There are a number of unintentional laughs though. So, there's that. And Bowden's short-shorts.

Good luck with the rest.
½ April 13, 2013
nstead of Hold Your Breath it should have been titled Close Your Eyes...yes folks, it was *that* bad. Some of the lines of dialog were absolutely hilarious though I am quite sure they weren't meant to be. I'll never see bobcats or sandpaper in the quite the same way again.

The actors attempts at actually acting were quite painful to watch and it would appear that most of them all used the same dentist as a majority of them had teeth that closely resembled chiclets.

The entire premise of this ridiculous film was flawed from the beginning but I won't try and explain why this movie was so awful and in so many ways as I am currently trying to erase it from my memory and forget that I ever watched it. Avoid this one at all costs.