Holding Trevor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Holding Trevor Reviews

April 26, 2015
Everyone is having menstruation in this film. A pretentious film about a man who can't choose between staying with his drug addict lover or move on with a handsome doctor. At the same time, his slutty friend and their faghag are telling consoling him to make his decision.

Yeh Jay Brannan can sing beautifully but the acting was dreadful (almost entirely non-existent) The storyline was really silly, there was no drama, just bitching.
October 25, 2013
The sound is the first thing that you will notice is bad about this movie in that it?s tinny. Then the lighting is bland not allowing for any shade and thus making it photographically plain. The dialogue is as shallow as the actors playing the shallow parts. Gay, straight not sure, you will be after watching this and I am inclined to say, straight will be your preference. Nibbles: Quiche.
April 10, 2013
There is no Closed Caption then not fair because I am deaf.
June 16, 2012
Well, I made it, so I have to try to increase my rating. But, seriously, for my first try, it's pretty darn good.
½ March 8, 2012
Holding Trevor is compelling and lovely but at times i found the performance could have been done better! Still an enjoyable watch!
August 31, 2011
i like! especially when Ephram moved from role of unknown doctor into role of Trevor's love interest :) Well cast! There's hot chemistry between the two leads. Loved the rooftop scene, the wit, the exchanges between the two.. and the dynamics of their interaction was interesting to see.
March 17, 2011
b-movie, bad production, fair acting - i liked everything about this movie that no one else did because it shows how anyone can make a nice movie no matter the finances. it's a nice story which anyone can relate to and this movie gets all the compliments for it's simplicity. jay brannan is horrible, what the fuck is wrong with you ppl? 0.o
January 10, 2011
With the exception of Jay Brannan, the acting is bad. The production is terrible. And all of that is a shame, considering the plot is good. I really wanted to like this movie, but I couldn't get past the fact that I felt like I was watching an amateur soap opera.
½ November 2, 2010
It's very try hard and basically not very interesting.
½ June 15, 2010
Was ok. Not the ending I wanted.
April 21, 2010
And the award for Drama Queen goes to Rosser Goodman!
April 15, 2010
Literally had to force my way to the end of the movie. It really is terrible, don't waste your time with this one.
½ April 11, 2010
This movie made me cry. If a movie can get me to do that, then it's got my praise. Enough said.
½ February 28, 2010
It was a decent film. Not a whole lot to say about it, but it captured some very realistic aspects of L.A. life well. Interesting character examination.
½ January 24, 2010
Light flick deals with some realistic issues in everyday life. Quote from this film: Moving forward doesn't always mean leaving something behind. I find this profound and couldn't get it out of my mind for a couple of days. One may always be dreaming about moving on and leave all the past behind, but it may just not be the way it is. This film could have been presented in a better way if there were bigger budget involved. Anyway, kudos for the supporting roles.
½ January 20, 2010
Hated the beginning, warmed up to it in the middle and then they lost me again in the end. The movie had potential. Jay Brannan (check out his music on Youtube - great stuff) and Eli Kranski were outstanding. If you are a fan of independent films, particularly with a GLBT theme then definitely worth the rent (once). Otherwise don't waste your time.
January 13, 2010
Terrible acting.. but still couldn't stop watching
January 11, 2010
I wanted to like this movie so bad, but i just couldn't. The script was choppy, and in consequence the acting was a little lax. I didn't get some of the story at all as the characters were not very realistic. There were some moments where I would sit and think "Yay, it's going to get good and straighten the bad bits out now!" but it just didn't do it. A rewrite of this script is dire, because the story has huge potential, but for now, this was just BAD.
January 11, 2010
Jay Brannan steals the show in this movie with his disarming humour. The movie does deal with some very important issues in a realistic way among friends. An interesting, well thought gay interest movie with good characters.
December 8, 2009
Another in the long line of terrible gay movies.