Hollow Reed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hollow Reed Reviews

April 9, 2009
I liked this movie. Im glad that the father won custody of his son. I hated that the mother never believe her son.
½ February 25, 2009
It was alright. I really, really hated Frank and Ollie's mom. She was absolutely disgusting. If she KNEW her kid was being abused by her boyfriend, why the heck wouldn't she leave him until AFTER the court gave custody to his father? Awful. I also hated her lawyer. He was disgusting. Ollie's dad's orientation was irrelevant to his ability to care for him - he was just a homophobe who brought his prejudice to the case and purported it as fact. Disgusting. I think the movie would've been better if it didn't end so abruptly. Or maybe if it spent more time exploring Ollie's emotions - obviously he doesn't want to be in an abusive situation, but he said he still wanted to live with his mom, but also with his dad. So is he happier with his dad now that he's with him (yet he has sole custody so he is not also with his mom)? It's kind of unclear.
February 22, 2009
Distressing movie. I am not fond of child abuse movies.
February 8, 2009
A decent film made of quite a good screenplay for 1990s, might be even for today. Simple black & white only happens in fairy tales. A hard-pushing biological father, a love-blinding mother, an irritable step-father & an 'innocent' son. The queer is the only positive figure in the whole film: Hallelujah!
January 19, 2009
Muy buena película sobre el maltrato intra familiar y los prejuicios ante la sexualidad