Hollywood Ending Reviews

• Mar 11, 2018

Enjoyable if lightweight Woody Allen comedy about a pretentious film director, Allen, who's offered a chance to direct a major film while his career is on the skids by his producer/ex-wife, the excellent Téa Leoni. Things get complicated when Allen's new bimbo girlfriend, a very funny Debra Messing, wants a part in the film, and also by Allen's being jealous of Leoni's new boyfriend, studio boss Treat Williams. And top that off by Allen getting a case of hysterical blindness a the start of filming which he needs to hide from everyone in order to keep his job. The plot isn't exactly comic gold, but the witty banter between character is classic Woody Allen and more than enough to make this film well worth watching for fans of Allen's nervous little fellow character. And watch for George Hamilton, Mark Rydell, Tiffani Thiessen, and former AMC host Bob Dorian if funny supporting roles.

• Oct 01, 2017

A great premise that fell short in delivery.

A great premise that fell short in delivery.

• Jun 12, 2017

The only thing I would've changed is the abrupt resolution. Other than that, the quirky humor, the wacky plot, plus the unexpected emotional undertone all add up to classic Allan.

• Jan 05, 2017

I loved Annie Hall. This, at times, felt like a cheap knock-off. With less humor, chemistry, and insight. Add in a weaker plot, and it was so lame I didn't make it through to the end. I would rather remember Woody in Bananas and AH than watch him serve this warmed up hash. All the mediocre jokes in this one did was make me long for the better ones he once did. And perhaps he has lost a step in his delivery. Tough to watch a Hall-of-Famer on the downhill side.

• Dec 31, 2016

If you enjoy Woody Allen comedies, you'll enjoy this. Not his best work, but it was fun.

• Sep 24, 2016

This comedy is based on the premise that the director can go temporarily blind during filming. Not Allen's most brilliant conception.

• Aug 24, 2016

the worst film of Woody Allen's career

the worst film of Woody Allen's career

• Aug 16, 2016

A Sleeper! Between Woody Allen's endless babbling and ridiculous plot, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I could not wait for "Hollywood Ending" too End.

• Apr 25, 2016

Unfairly maligned by stuffy nosed critics, this was the 'laugh out loud' funniest Woody Allen film for many years. Some performances may seem a tiny bit stilted but amongst the hilarity is still some beautiful pathos and some stunning cinematography.

• Apr 14, 2016

Very funny and a new plot device for Woody, he made his character blind.

Very funny and a new plot device for Woody, he made his character blind.