The Hollywood Knights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hollywood Knights Reviews

August 28, 2016
poor character development. obvious ending. over all boring
February 20, 2016
An all-time classic from 1980. Michelle Pheiffer, Tony Danza, Robert Wuhl and Fran Drescher.

Great music, sophomoric humor, and great one-liners.
½ December 29, 2015
Great if you think premature ejaculation is funny.
½ March 28, 2015
It's of course a rip off of American Graffiti, but doesn't have the charm or staying power. Don't look for much of Tony Danza or Michelle Pfeiffer.
½ December 12, 2014
If you like Porky's and Revenge of the Nerds, you'll love Hollywood Knights. I can't help but to laugh every time I see this movie. One of my favorites as a kid.
August 31, 2014
7.5/10. 8-30-2014. A cross between American Graffiti and Animal House.
July 29, 2013
I have a sentimental attachment to this movie after watching it a few hundred times during my middle teen years on HBO (it does have boobs and farting, after all). However, it doesn't hold up to viewing it as an adult nearly 30 years later. It's fairly obvious what they were shooting for was a combination of American Graffiti mixed with Animal House...two great movies. But what they ended up with was more on par with More American Graffiti and the Animal House television series...with some boobs and farts thrown in for good measure.
½ May 3, 2013
Do you ignore Robert Wuhl, alias Neubaum Kirk, making out with Fran Drescher in back seat of car, with Frans classic line "NEUBAUM, DID YOU COME, OH MY GOD YOU CAME....." or something like that, in her voice, its hilarious. And Neubaum also, believe it or not, FARTS "VOLARE" (THE SONG) in front of the whole prom!! This is comic genius.
½ March 7, 2013
(2 1/2 Stars) 'The Hollywood Knights' can't hold much of a claim to having a plot, but this is an instance where that is not a major issue. It's basically an R-Rated spoof of George Lucas' 'American Graffiti', and I enjoyed it. This movie reminded me of how there was once a time in comedy where swears and sex jokes were shocking, and along with characters that I'll remember 20 years from now, I couldn't help but find the movie humorously charming.

"I'm looking for the cheeseburger!" - Newbomb Turk
½ February 21, 2013
Don't expect 'American Graffiti'. It's complete rubbish.
January 12, 2013
The best hotrod movie ever made!!!!!
December 30, 2012
a great car guy movie funny all I have to say is run did you cum
½ December 18, 2012
Forgettable and best forgotten. Should have been rejected based on the character names alone. Yet, something endearing enough to garner 3.5/5 from over 3,000 RT users.
October 25, 2012
Animal House on wheels
September 11, 2012
This a hilarious movie. Seen it at least a dozen times just for the fart scene in the gym and seeing Bimbo and his side kick get egged on and humiliated by the Knights. Anyone who takes this movie serious enough to write a bad review has issues ;-)
June 16, 2012
It makes for an entertaining romp with the buds. Though the film is pretty much the raunchier version of 'American Graffiti,' it does provide more than a few hearty/quotable laughs and good looking babes.
May 2, 2012
One of the best goodtime movies of my childhood. Gearheads will go gahgah.
October 30, 2011
Halloween was nowhere to be found, but Danza!
July 21, 2011
Abysmal. Painfully unfunny.
July 8, 2011
What a great stupid movie and I mean that in the best way. The lines/scenes in this are some of the most quoted among my circle of friends: Volare, the 1 arm violinist, Lawrence of Arabia, Turk did you cum, Dudley Laywicker, the punch bowl scene...This ain't Casablanca but it sure is funny as hell.