Hologram Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hologram Man Reviews

July 17, 2011
comedy genius from the 90's terrorist somehow becomes a hologram and goes on a mass killing spree to take over the city. you cant beat a plot like that even with the 90's cgi ala lawnmower man and bad acting from everyone.
½ February 7, 2011
An interesting approach to the punishment of crime.
January 5, 2011
"Hologram Man" is another entertaining movie from the PM Group. PM Entertainment put out the best DTV action movies out there. They are now defunct, but in the 90's they were the kings. "Hologram Man" is the straight to video version of "Virtuosity".

The plot is: Slash Gallagher (Evan Lurie) is baddest criminal around. When he kills the Governor, he gets sent to holographic statis, which means his body is discarded for a holographic one. But during his parole hearing five years later, he escapes and only one cop can bring him down: Kurt Decoda (Joe Lara).

This movie has non-stop explosions. Every car, person and building is blown up. They spared no expense on the pyrotechnics this time around. The body count is also very high, with hundreds getting killed. It makes for a fun evening. The acting is also first-rate. Evan Lurie and Joe Lara put in exciting performances. Michael Nouri, on the other hand, looks like he's reading cue cards. Overall, this is a very cool flick that's worth seeing.
November 6, 2010
Hmm
Actually quite hard to watch.
The first thirty minutes feels like the director has said "cut" after every sentence and setup again with the same camera in a different position and then shouted "action".
I'm afraid Tarzan makes a poor cop. Even suspending believe to "rotten" levels wasn't helpful. There are many "B" list faces to look out for though.
Spot the (nearly) celeb is a good game here.
Hard to watch.
April 11, 2004
I've often wondered what causes a movie director to make something so horribly bad, and assume that someone will sit approvingly through it. The other night, my friends and I were browsing through the video store, looking for 90 minutes of cheap entertainment. We were going to rent Gothika, but soon realised our late charges were quite big. So off we went back to my friends house, stumbling upon some movies rented earlier in the day. One of them was Hologram Man -- we all needed a good chuckle.

Hologram Man begins with a shoot out. Not just any typical shoot out. We're talking the B movie shoot out. The kind where one bullet causes a huge truck to explode. That covers the first 10 minutes or so. This is probably to prolong the running time, being that the writer couldn't think of any bright or intellectual dialogue to fill the gaps, instead we hear 'Watch Out!', 'It's gonna blow!', 'Incoming' -- cheap little on liners that basically get the job done. Immediately after the shoot out, what normally follows: a sex scene. Quite short and unerotic for a B movie. This must be a grade C.

Ocassionally, I do enjoy a bad Michael Dudikoff cheeze flick. When I'm in the hacking mood. The main purpose in movies such as these, is really an opportunity for your friends and yourself to gather together and take turns coming up with funny zingers and making blatant observations of poor production and acting.

How does one become a director in these types of movies. Do they go to school, or are they pulled off the street and forced into the job. Just wondering.