Home Alone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Home Alone Reviews

December 24, 2016
in love this movie it chrismas
December 24, 2016
A very funny, sometimes heartfelt, and very enjoyable holiday classic featuring great performances by Macaulay Culkin as the clever Kevin McCallister, and Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern as the goofball duo the Wet Bandits.
December 24, 2016
A holiday classic that is hilarious for adults and children.....,,,¢,,,,¦,,,¢,,,,¦,,¢,,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦â¦...
December 24, 2016
one of my childhood favorites
December 24, 2016
Watch this once a year, but AVOID HOME ALONE 4! Yes, Home Alone 4 exists.
December 24, 2016
Boasting possibly the greatest child actor performance of all time. Home Alone brings a warm feeling for Christmas holidays, hilarious supporting roles, hilarious moments throughout and a heartfelt message for kids.
December 24, 2016
Best holiday movie ever made. Fuck you rotten tomatoes
December 23, 2016
a classic christmas movie and one of the best Christmas movies of all time
December 23, 2016
an instant classic as well as a long time staple of christmas.
December 20, 2016
Home Alone(1990) - is hilarious when it needs to be, but it also manages to sneak in some very well done sentimental moments that definitely ring in the Christmas spirit. The concept of the film seems very promising, when the funny moments hit they really hit and they are uncontrollably funny. I'll admit that when the movie starts out it seems a little too mean spirited when we actually see Kevin with his family but at the same time I can kinda see this being Kevin's point of view of his family and maybe from his point of view he see's his family being a little more angry then we would. It does payoff as the movie plays on because once Kevin discovers that he's home alone, the movie only gets comedic from there as well as it can get sentimental. Kevin himself is bratty but also innocent. At sometimes he can get sort of annoying but most of the time he is funny and somewhat crafty. I especially love how he comes up with ways to trick the adults around him with his odd ideas. The Wet Bandits are especially funny, They just keep getting themselves into more and more trouble especially when it comes to the third act. When the Bandits enter Kevin's house and fall under his traps it becomes so funny that even you have to at least chuckle when the insane slapstick occurs. The only other character to mention is Marley. Kevin fears this guy because of some scary backstory told by his older brother but there's more to him then what he appears to be. I won't say too much but let's just say he is one of the characters who brings some heart in the movie. Aside from everything else I think the look of the movie is probably what stands out to me the most. Everything from the Christmas decorations and bright lights really make the movie pop and it give you that special feeling that only something great as Christmas can do. Sure the movie does have a few minor nitpicks but they are not enough to distract from the great feeling that this movie gives. It's been a Christmas Classic for decades and it looks like it will still be a Christmas classic for years to come. (A-)
December 19, 2016
Home Alone has not aged well, but it's still a well made film. John Hughes started losing his touch right around here. The John Williams score is great. Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern are perfect as the bumbling crooks. Who would've thought that? Macaulay Culkin was definitely one of the best, most spirited child actors of all time. Watching this as a 32-year old adult it just doesn't have the same magic it did when I was a kid.
December 18, 2016
Always my go to movie at Christmas. I love this film. It's fun, heartwarming and completely ridiculous but it's what Christmas is all about. It's a tradition to watch this every Christmas and I now get the chance to do it with my kids.
December 17, 2016
This is one of my all time favorite movies from my childhood. Never gets old. Classic holiday movie.
December 16, 2016
December 9th 2009
July 31st 2012
November 30th 2013
November 14th 2014
December 8th 2015
December 14th 2016
December 14, 2016
What else can I say that hasn't already been said about this film? It's a holiday classic with lots of laughs and heart, along with a great cast and great music.
December 13, 2016
I like the sequel better, but this has a lot of charm, though slightly contrived.
December 12, 2016
Indeed, it's pretty overrated, but what do you want, it's much more of a kid's movie than a movie for everybody. It does have it's charming and funny scenes, but some moments are just brutally boring. Overall, Home Alone is an alright Christmas movie, if you've got time, go see it, but it ain't the biggest flick either to watch during the holidays.
December 10, 2016
While don't like children power movie this one is okay mckulleu kulle is a great kid actor and the traps are creative but the criminals act more like clowns which gets annoying it's a okay movie
December 8, 2016
By now a timeless classic, I feel like we throw it on at least once every December. It's like comfort food for the soul.
December 7, 2016
One of my childhood classics