Home Fries - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Home Fries Reviews

September 30, 2014
Sally (Drew Barrymore): I've always dreamed of being a big hit singer.
Dorian (Luke Wilson): Oh, can you sing?
Sally (Drew Barrymore): No, that's why they call them dreams.

This was darker than I expected for a comedy but interesting plot. I like quirky films like this and you know its quirky when the cast includes Jake Busey (has that guy ever played a "normal" role?). This was pretty entertaining enough. I love Drew Barrymore, she's always such a cutie-pie. Who remembered Luke Wilson being so good-looking? Wow he was hot in this film. But much of the film's kudos goes to Catherine O'Hara she was an absolute card, so understated but so hilarious. I love her! Everything else was alright but still an interesting little flick.
½ August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
May 22, 2014
"Home Fries" is a splendid movie to me!!!
½ May 8, 2014
Guy falls in love with dead dads pregnant mistress. Dark comedy that comes off more corny than dark.
March 9, 2014
Dorian Lever (Luke Wilson) wants to romance unwed mother-to-be Sally Jackson (Drew Barrymore). His brother Angus (Jake Busey) wants to kill her. Sally becomes unknowingly caught up in the darkly funny family brouhaha that, unknown to Sally, is largely orchestrated by the Levers' manipulative, saccharine smiling mom (Catherine O'Hara).

also stars Shelly Duvall, Kim Robillard, Daryl Mitchell, Lanny Flaherty and Chris Ellis.

directed by Dean Parisot.
½ January 6, 2014
Weird pointless little movie.
August 9, 2013
Extremely likeable stars in a fairly forgettable story.
½ February 28, 2013
too bad the pairing didn't work in real life
½ January 31, 2013
A somewhat successful black comedy with an endearing performance by Drew Barrymore. The plot is a mess but the actors are fun to watch.
January 12, 2013
Moderately cute... but not a particularly great movie.
January 12, 2013
A bit odd here and there, but overall not bad.
December 15, 2012
Not Drew's best work.
December 4, 2012
My wife's least favorite movie
½ November 20, 2012
Drew Barrymore saves another bad script with her warm energy.
October 9, 2012
Ao contrário da maioria, gostei do filme. Esperava ver uma comédia romântica comum e clichê, mas me surpreendi com as situações absurdas e cheias de humor negro do roteiro.

É claro que a trama poderia ser melhor explorada, e o final é bastante fraco, mas é um bom e divertido filme.
½ September 19, 2012
not so good, i only watched it to see drew barrymore.
September 9, 2012
I will never forget the line,"all you want to do is poke dents in my babies head."
½ April 16, 2012
this movie was boring and.....well it just plain sucked compered to other movies starring drew barrymore