Honey, I Blew Up the Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Honey, I Blew Up the Kid Reviews

½ December 7, 2016
If you're showing off one of the most retarded jokes in the history of cinema, then you know that something is sinisterly wrong with your film. A huge step back from one of the most heartfelt features ever made!
November 25, 2016
Awesome movie! Highly recommend for anyone looking for constant intensity!
November 25, 2016
This films muddled plot and cheap effects are only saved by the sheer enjoyment and wonder in this classic.
March 12, 2016
I don't think its as good as the first one but it's a lot more light hearted and fun. It's a watchable movie that should please fans of the original.
March 5, 2016
The sequel was a bit of a let down but still a bit fun
January 15, 2016
Just as silly as the first. Not as creative but definitely cuter. Rick is still great as always.
October 26, 2015
This movie brings back memories. The movie has aged pretty well and is still funny and entertaining.
July 23, 2015
The Szalinski clan returns with a new addition in another Disney classic. It's gotten a little worse over the years, but it is mostly still a fun family movie and one you won't forget. (First viewing - Childhood)
June 12, 2015
that a good movie you should have this movie­~­~­~­~­~­~­~­~­~­~­~­~­~
½ April 6, 2015
Once more,once to many times into the Honey and the kids.
February 10, 2015
Not gonna say much about this movie because it's not the greatest. It's great to see the same characters I liked from Honey I Shrunk the Kids but the kids weren't likable really... At all... The premise is the same as the original except with a baby and that's entertaining and cute but I just kept thinking of it as the same movie! If you liked the original movie you'd probably somewhat like this movie. C
½ February 10, 2015
I'd like to watch this wonderful family movie with my students. Funny and Charming!
November 27, 2014
A flat and mediocre sequel to 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids'. Originally, this wasn't even suppose to be a sequel, which that would of been a smart idea.

Instead, Disney wanted to take a chance and make sequel to a surprise hit as some kind of quality, but No. I thought Honey I Shrunk the Kids was a now decent but still entertaining, but "Blew up the Kid" is not decent nor entertaining essentially.
November 4, 2014
"ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT BABY"

- 'Honey, I Blew Up the Kid' is a 1992 comedy adventure and sequel to the popular 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' from 1989. The film was directed by Randal Kleiser (Grease, the Blue Lagoon) and is set three years after the events of the first film. Rick Moranis (Ghostbusters, Spaceballs), Marcia Strassman, Robert Oliveri and Amy O'Neill reprise their roles as Wayne, Diane, Nick and Amy Szalinski, who have to stop baby Adam, who accidently walked into an enlargement beam. The attack of the 50 feet baby. Entertaining for the kids, but less good than the previous film.

When Diane (Strassman) goes along with daughter Amy (O'Neill) to help her get ready for collage, Wayne Szalinski (Moranis) and his son Nick (Oliveri) have to babysit the youngest family member Adam. When going to Wayne's lab to work on his latest invention, Adam crawls out of his carriage and gets hit by a laser beam. Unnoticed by his dad and brother, the boy gets back into his place. But when the Szalinski's return home and want to warm up some food, the electromagnetic waves cause Adam to grow. Can the men reverse the process before Diane gets home?
October 4, 2014
Not as good as the original film, but still entertaining. Some questionable special effects!
August 1, 2014
Great sequel isn't quite as good as original, but pretty close. Ages 6+
July 24, 2014
I love this series, first shrunk the kids then themselves and now the baby. Love it!! Wayne, instead of shrink it's big!
July 3, 2014
As good as the first moranis should have beena big star
May 22, 2014
This time hilarious disaster strikes when Wayne Szalinski (Rick Moranis) creates an expanding machine wich causes the family's new toddler son to grow many stories tall.

also stars Marcia Strassman, Lloyd Bridges, Robert Oliveri, John Shea, Keri Russell, Joshua Shalikar, Daniel Shalikar and Ron Canada.

directed by Randal Kleiser.
April 27, 2014
Honey I Shrunk the Kids showed great imagination, broke some new ground, and was fun for a relatively broad audience. This, however, does none of those things. The magic in the first movie was a group of kids experiencing a familiar world from an entirely different perspective. There is not much magic in a giant toddler running amuck while aimlessly traipsing around suburban neighborhoods and downtown Las Vegas. Character development was not a strong point before, but this time it is even worse. All the characters are just too dumb to overlook. On top of all of that, visuals also look awful. Many scenes exhibit some blatantly rough blue screen effects. Often it looks grainy and out of alignment. Even for 1992, this is poor execution in the effects department. Young kids may like the idea of a baby being in command and able to ignore the parents, but there is nothing there for anyone over the age of eight. This highly disappointing follow-up suffers from one narrow and unsatisfying level of writing.