Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves! Reviews

November 25, 2016
Absolutely loved this movie!
September 15, 2016
Bananas have potassium: The Movie. 70 minute copy of the original without the wicked practical effects or the wonderful sense of adventure.
February 12, 2016
This is a funny movie I like how the become small and things are bigger then they are. Now my favorite part was when they ran in to a cockroach that was a funny part.
There's laughter and nice movie so give it a try
January 10, 2016
Can't top honey I shrunk the kids but still a fun movie for the family
December 5, 2015
An okay parter to the primary shrunken kids film. Some of the scenes were just bizarre and not all that realistic or interesting. It basically flip flops from the kids being shrunk to the parents being shrunk and it delivers a new and fun adventure taking place all around the Szalinsky house. As a child I though it was interesting to have plots about being shrunk and being blown up. From memory, I'd say this film is better than Honey I Blew Up the Kid. Nothing tons special about this film, but it was okay.
June 30, 2015
Best in the series is fine for kids! Ages 6+
½ June 21, 2015
The 3rd installment in the series is completely unoriginal and boring with the same special effects and adventure seen before. The best thing about this film is that it stars a young Mila Kunis.
May 21, 2015
Sometimes I wish I have never seen this trash. Go shrink yourself, Disney, for making this forgettable flick. Many foul-ups were made, like the story, the script, the actors and their acting. We only saw Rick Moranis return from the first two and no others. And this is arguably the worst film ever made in the franchise.
½ March 14, 2015
This movie was not bad I thought that the first one sucked but I really liked this one.
January 14, 2015
Rick Moranis has done it again!
½ November 27, 2014
A step down but not a BIG one, despite being this time a direct to video. This film marks the first and only time legendary cinematographer Dean Cundey's chance as an director (to date).

Taking place about five years (maybe) After Honey I Blew up the kid, with no understandable year of date. We see little Adam as now a "preteen", Nick and Amy have gone off to college and with Robert Oliveri and Amy O'Neal both retired in 1994, and remember the dog kork? Yeah, he went to heaven... He along with some relatives and friends don't realize their in a "nutty" situation when Wayne (Rick Moranis) and wife, Diane, brother Gordan and sister-in law, Patty accidentally shrunken themselves.

For some illogic, I always kinda thought this film was fine; not great but watchable than "Blew up". Clean, tiny fun. If you never realized, this has marked the final live-action film Moranis has starred in before his subsequent retirement from acting.

Oh Moranis that sucks!
½ September 30, 2014
"PARENTS THE SIZE OF BREADCRUMBS"

- 'Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves' is a 1997 comedy adventure, that forms the third installment of the 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' film franchise. I must confess I like this part the least. The same elements as the first film are used, but aren't as convincing. I do think kids will love it, as parents shrink to the size of a breadcrumb and have the adventure of a lifetime inside their own house. With Rick Moranis (Ghostbusters, The Flintstones) returning as inventor Wayne Szalinski. What would you do if you got shrunken?

It's been eight years since the events of the previous film. Wayne (Moranis) and Diane Szalinski are living with their youngest son Adam in a new neighborhood. While Diane and her sister-in-law Patti are ready to leave on a trip together, Wayne and his brother Gordon must look after Adam and his cousins Jenny and Mitch. The two adult men go to the attic to shrink the Tiki Man, a statue that Diane hates. But both get hit by the ray. Because Patti forgot to give Mitch his medication, the women come back home. As they search their husbands, they also walk into the attic. With all adults gone, the kids plan to have a party...
½ September 28, 2014
More generic and more mediocre than the previous two installments. This third entry does nothing except copy off the first movie and is just a pathetic attempt from the filmmakers to try to make a quick buck. This film lacks any type of heart or emotion and that results in watching people on screen that you feel nothing for. I'm not looking for Oscar worthy material here, I just want to be able to feel something and their are a lot of other films that not have not won any oscars, but still have some heart to them. The new cast in this movie sucks at acting and the new kids are the worst here. Rick Moranis is the only returning cast member and he wasn't that great in this franchise to begin with and I felt that any actor could play his character in their sleep. There were so many times during the film where I would just feel like watching something else. The only positives were some of the scenes were mildly okay and I thought the sets were nice. Now I can finally move away from this forgettable franchise and watch other things.
September 24, 2014
i love this movie ;-)
August 11, 2014
Wow, I honestly don't remember this one...
½ August 4, 2014
(First viewing - Late childhood)
July 22, 2014
Love disney movies and this two movie series but not this movie. I love the ride they have at disney world.
July 3, 2014
Poor direct to DVD follow up not fun for any of the family
½ July 1, 2014
A Squeal That is Very Unfunny and Uninteresting.
½ June 24, 2014
My kids love this movie...