19% Transcendence Apr 18

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves Reviews

John M

June 29, 2008
Ive seen the entire series and not too thrilled
cosmo313
cosmo313

March 21, 2010
A BIG step down in the series. It's a shame that this was (to date) legendary cinematographer Dean Cundey's one and only effort as a director.

Picking up a few years after the first, Adam Szalinski is now a preteen who, along with some friends and relatives, have a nutty situation on their hands when his inventor dad Wayne accidentally shrinks himself, his wife, and brother and sister-in-law.

Even as a kid, I thought this was dumb. It's not funny, it's not creative, and it's basically just a rehash of the first, though done far worse, and with no real charm. It's also not a very fun film. It feels tired and pointless, and honestly I have no idea why it was made. There's no reason for it.

Do yourself a favor and skip this awful mess.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

January 1, 2013
This is a painful third entry into a franchise that never should have happened. The first film in the series was a decent movie, but it definitely didn't require any sequels, much less a third film. This third movie relies on previous explored ideas and doesn't have a shroud of originality to boot. There is nothing worth mentioning here, aside for the fact that the film's plot is tedious and unoriginal due to the fact that it relies more on previous ideas than anything else. Acting wise, there are some pretty unimpressive performances here and it really doesn't deliver in terms of good performances, and every actor seems bored and tired with the film's lacking material. This is a poor conclusion to a series that was better left as a standalone feature, and a film like this shows us why. The direction is poor with no emphasis on trying to create something refreshing and fun for its audience. Luckily this would be the final entry in this trilogy, and they would not make any more films. This is a pointless picture that just doesn't have a good plot to really be engaging and in turn it's a predictable film, one that is lazy and overall stupid. Like the second one, this relies on an idea that we've seen before while changing a few things around to make it interesting. However, with that said, this is far from interesting and in the long, the sheer awfulness of this third entry will make it a forgettable film, and one not worth seeing again. This is the type of film that was only made for making money without even giving any thought on how to make something, new, refreshing and above all fun.
Alexander D

July 19, 2011
Awful
AJ V

September 6, 2010
Again, people get shrunk, but this time it's the adults. This movie has a couple of the original actors, but it's a bad script, and the other two movies did not need this follow up. This is a pointless movie, and I didn't enjoy it.
Conner R

June 18, 2010
Sadly this is nowhere near the fun of the two previous movies, this is essentially a role reversal of the first movie. Wayne Szalinski has just become a tool rather than a mad scientist, but it was about time he got a taste of his own medicine. The effects look worse when you add CGI and all of the jokes are just sad to watch.
KJ P

January 22, 2010
Very funny and enjoyable! This is a movie that I will remember for a long time, only because it is one of the only movies that I grew up on as a kid!
Jason O

September 8, 2009
I liked both of the previous movies in the shrunk series, and "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves" is no exception. In this third movie of the series, the inventor of the shrinking machine, Wayne (Rick Moranis) accidentally shrinks himself along with his wife Diane (Eve Gordon) and two of his friends. Soon they're running from a roach, riding toy cars down what will seem to them like a real roller coaster since they're so small, and they're watching their mischievous kids do things that they were told not to do. All the while, they have to find a way to get their kids' attention and be revitalized to being their real size.
"Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves" is great just like the previous two movies. Myself, I thought it was the best of the three. If you like "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" or "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid," I recommend getting "Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves." It has great special effects, it's an exciting adventure, and it's hilarious. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. This series is awesome start to finish, not sure which I really like the best.
Drew S

January 21, 2007
Yeah...why didn't they just get rid of the fucking shrinking machine? Really.
Jason S

December 28, 2006
Ok... you can stop with these now.
Yinalí R

June 28, 2007
Now this movie is the best of them all! I'd love to shrink my parents...
Andrew F

June 2, 2006
I kind of liked it. It was one of my childhood favorites. I think the novelty has worn off by now, though.
Sarah P

July 30, 2012
They really should have stopped after the original. There was no reason for this!
EnigmaticHallucination
April 19, 2009
Stop. Really it's too much. Not very unique or original anymore.
roseypie
roseypie

April 14, 2007
LMAO!!
nathometer

June 18, 2006
Skip it
March 16, 2014
Yes, because it is a 90s movie this final chapter in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Trilogy is a straight to "video," not straight to DVD, release. This time we have a mostly new cast for the Szalinski family. Rick Moranis is the lone carry-over from the previous cast. Adam, the giant toddler from Honey I Blew Up the Kid, is now in grade school and is the only kid in the house. This time Moranis shrink himself along with his wife, his brother and sister in law. It has some fun and imaginative moments like going through a roach hotel, riding in a Hot Wheels car track, and climbing in a VCR, again it was the 90s. Overall, the magic of the first one is just not there. The unrealistically cheerful dialogue is empty in spirit. Stuart Pankin is mildly humorous, but he never gets a real chance to cut loose. Moranis looks like he is going through the motions at this point. The parents are the better half of the movie for sure though. This movie will appeal to younger audiences, for the novelty that the parents disappear. However, three kids are no fun at all once the parents are no longer around. They seem so sugarcoated and safe that they are lifeless. You get what you expect for a straight to movie release, it is harmless entertainment, but largely uninspired.
rodjeckrich
April 13, 2013
Pretty unwatchable, which is very sad considering the first is something of a classic. This is what happens when Disney milks something to the maximum. While the first had great special effects, this looks pretty much like the direct to video junk fest that it is. Poor Ricky Moranis. No wonder he hasn't acted onscreen since.
kenscheck
September 14, 2011
Ugh. Skip, nothing new here except its the adults that get shrunk...that makes it so much less interesting. Again...just skip.
August 31, 2009
RICK MORANIS!!!! Absolutely brilliant! I loved this movie, and all of the other parts. But, this one was my favorite =]