Honeydripper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Honeydripper Reviews

January 26, 2014
Despite a charismatic cast and good music, Honeydripper feels dull and lifeless.
September 1, 2013
The performances are great but the pacing is off.
½ June 30, 2013
i need to watch again. i was distracted.
April 6, 2012
A great look at the music of that era, with fantastic performances from all the cast. However, at the end, I was left wondering what the actual point of the movie had been. There was no story as such, it was almost like a movie of the day in the life of someone. Could have been so much better.
½ April 6, 2012
½ March 24, 2012
Good performances, no story.
March 2, 2012
Skön feel good-movie om ett sunkigt blueshak i 50-talets Alabama.
½ February 28, 2012
It wasn't an amazing movie, but Danny Glover gave a superb performance in this movie, and the soundtrack was magnificent.
February 20, 2012
all star cast bring this period piece set in the early 1950's to life-also look 4 cameo from the ditector
December 13, 2011
Historical while relevant. Deep, inspirational, yet not so glum and sour so as to bring down the mood of the movie. As accurate a depiction of life in the 50's for us's folk as has ever been filmed, with all of it's highs and lows, joys and sorrows.
½ July 15, 2011
a slow paced film but the different characters keep you watching. an obvious story line btu nicely told and the cast do a pretty decent role with their characters.
June 22, 2011
Well-acted but waaaaaay too slow and predictable film about race relations and a juke joint in 1950 Alabama.
May 20, 2011
I love this movie! Love the music! and the history story :o)
½ February 3, 2011
(*** 1/2): Thumbs Up

An interesting film. Well-acted and directed.
November 27, 2010
um i like it reminds me of old clasics
½ June 18, 2010
Pretty good - a bit quirky in some areas. I believe it was filmed in or around Tuscaloosa, AL at least some what. The unfortunate thing - is that the best part is the music and that's all the way at the end of the movie.
April 28, 2010
What has by now become prototypical Sayles: leisurely paced, lovingly filmed, solidly acted, but with little to no momentum or true dilemmas. It seems as though Sayles is trying to accentuate the lives of his characters and not over-dramatize the situations. His approach builds people with whom we enjoy hanging out but at the price of real innovation about their lives or the times in which they live.
April 20, 2010
It's got a good story in it, but it lacks a bit of structure. It has so much spirit in the music of Alabama 1950.
Danny Glover gives us a decent performance to move the story along, and works very well with Charles S. Dutton.
I felt they could have come to a solution a bit sooner, and felt it had dragged in a couple of bits.
Over all, I did enjoy the music.
½ March 8, 2010
Excellent music, reasonable plot, good acting, script iffy in places, endearing rather than edgy. Worth seeing once or twice but it won't be going in my DVD collection.
February 26, 2010
wow umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that charles s dutton, danny glover, gary clark jr, stacy keach. mable john, lisa gay hamilton, vondie curtis hall, vondie curtis-hall, yaya dacosta play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....i think that the director of this drama movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....i think that both charls s dutton/ danny glover are brilliant as the lead roles throughout this movie....i think that this is a really powerful drama movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie its such a powerful drama movie