Hood of the Living Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hood of the Living Dead Reviews

½ April 16, 2012
really sucked. looked like it was filmed with a crappy camcorder.
½ November 27, 2011
Hood of the Dead is an interesting story about a brother whose a scientist researching, of course reanimation of dead cells.  When his brother is killed in a drive-by; he decides to use the serum to return him to life.  The beginning is an overload of FX's that are not need to enhance the film.  It takes awhile for the film to get going, but it's seems that every character is a walking stereotype.  So it's hard to find something real about these people that hasn't been profiled a million times. The story doesn't seem to have much depth after the key plot.  The acting is over the top or at other times the acting is lacking; it took away from the film and was annoying.  The direction is good, as well as the camera work.  I think that if they'd had more funding for the film, this could have a been a good film.  The soundtrack was pretty good, but it seemed like they only added it at times just for promotion of the song.  But  the makeup FX are used well and to the utmost. The lighting is a bit lacking, but adds to the atmosphere at times.  There are genuinely funny moments in the film, but they are far and few between them.  Of course, the characters are moronic at times (and I mean strangled by a cordless phone moronic).  Making simplistic choices and stupid mistakes, which made me question how they lived this long.  I also feel compelled to warn you there are many plot holes ahead, so drive carefully
: ) .  In all this bad B wasn't worth the rent,  or the watch.  But if your into riffing films this film has a lot of riff potential; other than that Hood of the Living Dead should have just stayed dead and buried.
November 27, 2009
this was really awful. i got it hoping it would be so bad it would be good ... no, it's just bad. also, given the subject matter, you think it could play with the blaxploitation genre but ... no, not at all.
½ June 21, 2009
Hood of the Living Dead
Another urban horror movie (Tales from the Hood, Leprechaun in'tha Hood, back to tha Hood, Rag Doll, Kill Joy ETC). This one had a hole video camera feel to it.. Not the best movie, urban streets of America riddled by Gangster zombies, and fake cats drinking milk XD. pretty fun movie few laughs few funny acting momments, yeah I'd recommend this for all the wrong reasons. I don't like too much hip hop myself, but this was still pretty fun.
½ April 10, 2009
that was painful..couldn't even finish it....very disappointed
½ March 28, 2009
This movie is a local Bay Area Production made by my Friends Ed & Jose Quiroz, I have a small part in it
December 14, 2008
one of the greatest films ever made
October 9, 2008
For a low budget flick this was funny and worth watching.ight.
½ July 4, 2008
probably the worst zombie movie ever. if it came down between watching it and flicking your nuts for 90 minutes straight, i recomend you flick your nuts... it will be less painful. stay away!
½ June 29, 2008
Dayum...can't really say any other words that describe my disappointment in this movie, I thought it was gonna be like Shaun of the Dead or something >_>
<_<
½ June 21, 2008
Had to see it when I saw this one at Blockbuster. Whole new spin on where it's taking place.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
February 19, 2008
what a piece...but, ya know...cheap
½ February 19, 2008
an exellent bad movie. very funny.
November 9, 2007
Using the latest in VCR technology
½ November 7, 2007
This is why people with digital cameras should not think they automatically can make movies.
October 7, 2007
HAhahaha, I havent seen this thought it was.. tales from the hood.. with like snoop or something like that James earl jones..
½ October 6, 2007
I'm ashamed to admit that I've seen this piece of filth.
½ September 11, 2007