Hoot - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hoot Reviews

½ June 29, 2014
This film is twisted when you really think about it. I rarely like giving away plot points or endings so if you don't want spoilers at all, do not continue beyond this point. So, in the end, it turns out that the three kids committed a number of property crimes (trespassing etc) but that was rendered all justifiable because the animal they saved was an endangered one. First, this implies that any means, at all, that somebody takes to prevent the destruction of an animal's habitat, is justified because they are endangered. Further, that they are justified in doing this on their own, and not, for instance, contacting the EPA or their foreign equivalents. This puts animal rights above legal consequences. Second, this implies that such justifications would not have been applicable, had the animal not been endangered. This puts one set of animals, and their habitats above and beyond another set of animals, and their habitats. This is in spite of the fact that the kids did not realize the animal was endangered until the end. Thus, their entire effort was for naught, until the animal was discovered on the EPA's protection list. As is standard, if I sat through the whole thing it gets at least 10%.
June 17, 2014
The movie is awesome.
Y'all are the ones who lack.
I did watch it and still watch it again and again.
The movie is entertaining and you can even sleep to it.
Those types of movies are wonderful.
The cast and the crew did a phenomenal job on the movie.
The movie is one of my all time favorite movies.
That implies a lot because I am picky about movies.
June 7, 2014
A nice and sweet family movie with a good message
April 22, 2014
this was a cute movie
April 8, 2014
Does the fact that a bunch of owls somehow manage to act better than 90% of the cast a detriment? Not really, but the owls are the best part of this by a long shot.
March 25, 2014
It's a realy good movie
½ January 10, 2014
Had to watch this for a grade 7 English class. Enjoyable.
½ December 28, 2013
It was just TERRIBLE!
½ September 11, 2013
A so-so movie for a so-so book.
½ July 21, 2013
Great book, but the movies a miss.
½ July 14, 2013
I watched this film when I was younger, and i remember loving it! I love it even more now I realise Logan Lerman is in it, but that is besides the point... I think it's a great movie for preteens, but even as a teen now, I would live to see it again after all the years. It's a great adventure, and a moving film! Definitely worth looking at!:)
½ July 2, 2013
Its not or it's not good. I understand the message in Hoot saving the owl and yeah I like it, but the acting in this isn't that good. It's a good friendly family movie, but not good to be one of the greatest family film of all time. If I had to choose one of my favorite characters it would have to be Mullet Fingers.I don't know why, but I like the way he runs a lot in bear feet and his strength of defending the owl. The main character I think is dull and bland. The film should have been focus on Mullet Fingers instead, that would be a bit unique. All in all, it's base on the book and was adapted to a weak film set in a glorious state known as Florida.
April 9, 2013
just a normal everyday film!!
½ March 17, 2013
An environmental kids film based on a book. Very cute.
March 7, 2013
It was a typical (kinda stupid) children's movie but its heart was in the right place.
½ March 3, 2013
It was ok, but it didn't stand out by any means
February 27, 2013
Very sweet interesting movie.
½ February 23, 2013
If you like owls that live in the ground, Luke Wilson, evil pancake houses, unnecessary sunsets, and homeless 12 year olds, this is the film for you!
January 18, 2013
I liked this movie alot because it was along the same story line as the book
½ January 5, 2013
A great family movie that I believe is underrated.