Hope Springs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hope Springs Reviews

½ September 19, 2014
A romantic comedy this certainly was not. Most of the movie was actually dully and achingly depressing. Thankfully there were enough redeeming moments to take away that feeling of utter hopelessness. Some well-placed cameos by Elisabeth Shue and Mimi Rogers helped as well.
September 16, 2014
a couple of curmudgeons wine for a few hours and depress me. Great actors, terrible script
September 10, 2014
Not exactly in my wheelhouse, but nonetheless a pretty good movie. Tommy Lee Jones is good at being cranky, lol. Streep is good of course, and sort of a departure for her (no accents).
September 8, 2014
i could not stand this slow plodding nonsense--i was waiting for the corgies
for something of value , but ran out of patience.
July 27, 2014
Tommy was hysterical as an old curmudgeon but something was missing in the story. It seemed contrived and shallow. Good entertainment but hard to take seriously. Streep, as usual, was outstanding, given what she had to work with. Carrell was ok, but again, a shallow role. They've all had better roles, times are tough, I guess!
July 27, 2014
watching people being awkward was awkward (obviously)
July 27, 2014
Fully enjoyable. Great acting. Feels felt.
July 17, 2014
A really good movie about marriage and tryin' to stay happy and entertained in the marriage,well worth it!
½ July 16, 2014
It's great to watch Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones have a little fun but there is also a sad and sweet elements to this movie.
July 14, 2014
Meryl Streep is good. She is really really really good. The movie, not so much.
July 9, 2014
Great chemistry between all three leads and it's nice to see a film trying to take it's subject matter seriously. That's not to say that there isn't humour here but no-one plays anything for laughs. You can't help but egg the couple on as they try to save their marriage and although some couples may find this a bit close to home it's a lovely film.
July 6, 2014
Look at a relationship that's lost its fire and how the couple eventually finds their way back to each other.
½ June 21, 2014
warm and wonderful, well done.
June 7, 2014
Could have been better
June 2, 2014
Watching Hope Springs is a very theraputic experience in every sense of the word. It forces you to think, gives you a good laugh and takes an approach to relationships seldom tackled by Hollywood. In addition, I didn't want to slap Steve Carrell once in this film, quite a mean feat for him.
½ April 27, 2014
Meryl Streep is beautiful & funny & lovely, great music, very charming film.
April 22, 2014
"Hope Springs" examines the struggles of long term relationships in a endearing manner, where its plot and themes are heavily reliant, yet successfully expressed by the committed performances from Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones.
April 19, 2014
Hilarious ! Streep and Jones are both brilliant and the storyline is well structured and interesting! One of my favourite films!
½ April 17, 2014
This movie really got to me.
½ April 15, 2014
I thought this movie would never end.