Horizons West - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Horizons West Reviews

June 15, 2014
'Horizons West' is the kind of unpretentious, fast-paced Technicolor western that Universal-International churned out in the 1950s--Technicolor Iconographic Western!!
July 20, 2013
130719: My first "Silver Screen Classics" movie (lots of westerns here). I do not like Rock Hudson as an actor. Other than him, I liked this film. I never lost interest. Quite entertaining.
June 4, 2013
Inventive Western, rich in story, style and color.
½ January 19, 2011
Average 'western' film but the difference being the lead character goes from good to bad which is probably the reason he is a post-war 'Confederate' Major.
December 9, 2010
Marvelous b-Western from the always reliable Boetticher. This is a fairly grim film with an interesting anti-capitalist message.
jjnxn
½ July 3, 2010
Standard western is lifted above the norm by its cast. Above the title stars Robert Ryan and a very young Rock Hudson do well as brothers pitted against each other and the great Julie Adams, while pretty much wasted again, looks great and does what she can with the little handed to her. Where this really stands out is the supporting cast especially for classic TV lovers. Where else will you find Marshall Dillon, Perry Mason, McCloud and Aunt Bee as well as many other familiar faces all in one movie.