The Horn Blows at Midnight Reviews

• Aug 20, 2019

A wild surreal fantasy full of interesting characters both angels and devils!

A wild surreal fantasy full of interesting characters both angels and devils!

• Feb 01, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Jun 13, 2017

Quirky, but not something I want to see again.

Quirky, but not something I want to see again.

• Jun 15, 2016

The Horn Blows at Midnight is a funny film. It is about Athaniel who dreams he's a trumpet player in Heaven's celestial orchestra. Jack Benny and Alexis Smith give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Raoul Walsh did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor and music. The Horn Blows at Midnight is a must see.

• Aug 18, 2014

Benny made the box-office failure of this movie into a running gag on his radio show. But the joke's on the audience because this movie isn't nearly as terrible as Benny or his writers made it out to be. The story of an angel sent to Earth to bring about the end of the world turns into screwball comedy with Benny firmly at the center of things, hamming things up. It's not nearly as good as some of Benny's other cinematic works, but it's still worth seeing.

• Jun 21, 2012

My favorite of all of Benny's movies. An underrated classic!

My favorite of all of Benny's movies. An underrated classic!

• Dec 27, 2009

Absolutely one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen, but I didn't stop laughing throughout the entire 80 minutes.

• Jul 26, 2009

An often maligned and forgotten screwball comedy that is sometimes short on laughs, but never short on imagination or charisma.

• Jun 14, 2009

Amusing Jack Benny comedy, one of his few feature length films. He often put this film down as being so bad, but it isn't, it's quite good. Fine cast, especially Franklin Pangborn in a supporting role.

• Randy T Super Reviewer
    Feb 07, 2009

Even the lovable, iconic Mr. Jack Benny himself couldn't prevent this poorly written cheese-puff from flopping at the box office. A classic example of a stupendously wonderful comedian in a stupendously awful film.