Hornblower: The Examination for Lieutenant (Horatio Hornblower: The Fire Ship) Reviews

• Aug 11, 2018

if you've seen the first you wont want to stop!

if you've seen the first you wont want to stop!

• May 27, 2018

Not the best of the series but still delivers (almost) everything you could want.

• May 02, 2018

I just rewatched this series. Great attention to detail and wonderful portrayal by all cat members. A hidden treasure.

• Aug 29, 2016

I have only seen the first four, but this one is the best of the first four.

I have only seen the first four, but this one is the best of the first four.

• Jul 31, 2012

good, but not great. A bit slow and with a weak plot.

good, but not great. A bit slow and with a weak plot.

• Jun 06, 2011

lives up to the first one

lives up to the first one

• Sep 09, 2010

Another top-notch offering! Horatio is now trying to pass his exams to become a lieutenant...not an easy proposition! See what happens when he faces three surly captains on the examination board, and fire ships as well!

• Aug 08, 2010

Our hero learns about the responsibilities of command from life aboard ship. Having to deal with a hungry surly crew and study for his promotion exam puts him under pressure. Another great movie in this excellent series.

• May 24, 2010

It had Denis Lawson! Wedge! And he didn't leave the fighting immediately this time. Go Wedge! I like Hornblower when he's nervous. Hee.

• Apr 18, 2010

A great adventure in this series based on the amazing books.

A great adventure in this series based on the amazing books.