Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror Reviews

• Feb 25, 2019

Absoluteley horrible

Absoluteley horrible

• Feb 11, 2019

I just watched #Horrornoire on Shudder.com, i really like this documentary because they showed the history of the negative sterotypes of black people and the positive impacts of their times. the 60's night of the living dead, 70s blacula, 80s nightmare on elm street, 90s the craft, candyman, tales from the hood, demonknight, etc, 2000s mentioning sanaa lathan avp was cool, 2010's get out the impact that movie had on the black community the documentary showed the relief of how black people felt from all the years of typical cliche in horror movies. So, if anyone is interested in black horror films, i suggest you this it is really good, makes want to write movies again, and educated on horror movies i never heard of and black directors too.

• Feb 08, 2019

The time, thought, and quality put into this really shows. I'm what you consider a millenial and Ive always appreciated/loved and took high interest in the horror genre since a kid (you can even let my mom/dad tell you lol). In my era I grew up watching slasher and paranormal horror and when it came to black horror I never really knew alot besides Tales in the hood, Bonez, People Under the Stairs and I was in awe seeing those because at the time I never seen a lot of black horror (besides us playing sidekicks and supporting characters) and as time moved along when Get Out came out it was truly a game changer!!! This documentary pieced so many things together perfectly, relating actual horrific things in the news to how it showed in these films, showing the shifts and evolution of the types of roles we played and so much more! Learning about our history in black horror is so amazing, inspiring, and gives me motivation to finish things Im working on. This is definitely a documentary Ill continue watching and share with my children...IM SO PROUD AND PLEASED!!!!

• Feb 07, 2019

This documentary and the work of the team behind it and the folks featured is a vital aspect of the conversation we need to be having as a community of horror fans and scholars. The history of Black folks in film generally and horror specifically is key to the history of our culture. This documentary is incredibly well made with amazing and thought-provoking dialogue and commentary. It is entertaining, and more importantly, it has me asking questions about the future of the genre.

• Feb 02, 2019

Horror Noire is powerful, laugh out loud funny, emotional and deeply insightful. Horror Noire delivers history with a visceral pulse, it confronts and enlightens as it entertains!