Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! Reviews

May 16, 2016
I think Seuss books are more for American kids really, I never really got into them as a child and they don't really feature in our house. As a result, I had no preconceptions really sitting down to watch this with my son. The first half struggles, it's so off-beat and wacky that you're a bit lost and a bit bored. My son was fidgeting a lot and only sporadically gained interest. In the second half it really starts to find it's stride, the peril of the Who's on the speck and Horton's struggles with collapsing bridges etc start to take your interest. It's not quite enough, but it does rally at least towards a touching conclusion.
April 3, 2016
Despite that awful scene referencing Horton anime, this movie does have a likable charm to it. I'm not saying this is a perfect representation of Dr. Suess, as in there are still some pop-culture references, but I think the spirit of this film is in the right place.
½ April 2, 2016
i remember watching this for like 5 years ago. its fucking terrible
i had to watch this at school btw
March 23, 2016
Great book that they turned into a good movie! Bright colors, great for all ages
½ March 12, 2016
Like it for it's voice acting and animation
February 26, 2016
Such a great, funny movie. I had like no problems with it whatsoever. Very unique story, very funny and had awesome animation and a great cast and characters as well. Horton and The Mayor were hilarious, as well as Vlad and Katie, the weird yellow guinea pig thing. It also has a great message as well and makes you think outside the box a little bit.
½ January 15, 2016
Dr. Seuss movie adaptations really get under my skin! But this one stayed really true to its source material. Yes there are some stupid moments but it's not enough to call this a bad animated movie. The colors and visuals really capture the world of Dr Seuss and the character design is good too. It's fun for the whole family! But whatever you do, do not watch the others!
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
½ December 2, 2015
Outside of the environmental rhetoric it is a fun movie.
November 30, 2015
Horton Hears a Who is a heartwarming rare success in the Dr. Seuss try-hard-adaptations, bring new laughs and energy while sticking to its original spirits.
November 13, 2015
Adults will enjoy along with the little ones this funny finely done tale.
November 1, 2015
A heartwarming adaptation, full with the rhymes in the dialogue, Horton Hears a Who, is a movie for all ages.
September 26, 2015
Dr. Seuss book to movie adaptations haven't been good lately. But Horton Hears A Who's animated adaption from Blue Sky is a different tale. Review by Logan Cornn.
August 26, 2015
Horton Hears a Who! could have been terrible, but it was actually quite pleasant.
August 22, 2015
you know I honestly thought that bluesky would adapt a dr Seuss story so perfect when it was so hard in the past.
August 14, 2015
not the best movie but really cute at times
July 27, 2015
Has it's funny moments, the animation is pretty good. The only reason I even saw this is because of Jim Carrey doing the voice of Horton, and for the most part he does great, I'd like to see more voice over work from him, just not sure if this should have been his starting point to it.
½ July 25, 2015
A film worth watching that has it is worth slapping Seuss's name on. But still not as timeless as the story. The movie feels dated a bit.
½ July 20, 2015
I liked some intensity and the storyline, good movie.
½ June 29, 2015
Do enjoy the political/religious underlyings. Hate the usual celeb voice overs, except Carrey and Carrell. Could use more character emphasis

1 time (June 2015) ABC Family