Hostage (The Hire: Hostage) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hostage (The Hire: Hostage) Reviews

bug761
May 13, 2014
This is such a wonderful kid friendly movie starring Jim Varney as 'Carl Banks'. It's like the modern day version of 'The Boy who cried Wolf'. Timmy Taylor and his friends like to play pranks on people and eventually when he starts telling the truth, no one believes him. Jim was so touching in this film. He played a counterfeiter who used to be a fire fighter until something went wrong one day while fighting a fire. He really was a nice guy and a great man. He just strayed for a while but eventually, with the help from the kids, straightened everything out. Jim was funny in this movie as well as dramatic. The more serious part of the movie was when Carl was talking about how he got into counterfeiting. Jim had a way of telling a story that would just engulf you and you could just sit there and listen to him all day. 'Treehouse Hostage' is one of my favorite non-Ernest movies starring Jim Varney. Go and buy it and watch it on family night.
½ May 13, 2014
As cheesy and as formulamatic as this film is, I was actually able to enjoy this film. It had some really good moments and the kids were all great.
½ May 13, 2014
i love this film nobody has ever seen it probly but i think its better then home alone
May 13, 2014
Not great but pleasant and fun because of Varney. I remember watching this on Disney five or six years ago and was pleased with it if only for Jim Varney. I realy don't remember if it was funny or not. All I remember is that Ernest was in it and thats enough for me.
May 13, 2014
A cool movie that used to appear on the Disney channel :)
May 13, 2014
Not bad Jim.Rest In Peace!
May 13, 2014
Todd Bosley and Jim Varney will make you laugh.
May 13, 2014
seen it, thought it was ok.
May 13, 2014
It was a good funny movie. More for ages 8-14 or so.
May 13, 2014
The only reason this gets three stars is because of the ultra-sweet treehouse.
May 13, 2014
I haven't seen this in a while, but from what I remember it was really cute.
November 27, 2012
John Woo's entry into The Hire series was pretty visually slick.
bbcfloridabound
½ April 6, 2011
Another short 8 Min film from BMWFILMS.COM. The DVD title is The Hire, this is a collection of 8 short films lasting from 8-10 minutes. Again Clive Owen plays the main part and he's trying to locate a women who has been taken hostage and is in the trunk of a car. She has been put at the low tide line in a bay, but the tide is rising and time is running out. a lot of stars in these films. This one is worth 4 1/2 stars
½ March 24, 2011
ocho cortillos medio informerciales para la bmw, guasones, con artistas and shit.
½ September 3, 2010
A by-the-book short from John Woo... so yeah, there are weird camera angles and some over-the-topness but Clive Owen is still there being awesome, resucing that girl from Cold Case
½ June 21, 2010
best advertisment ive ever seen!
dont really watch much short films if any, so i was attracted to this because of john woo, who is my favourite director.
pretty impressive! considering its really used to promote BMW's and its only 10 minutes long, this is really something you need to check out especially if you're a john woo fan.
clive owens a great lead and... what else can i say?
hostage is great and the best ad you will ever see.
½ April 20, 2010
Another good little Clive Owen short.
December 10, 2009
Kathryn Morris is great
November 12, 2009
superb short movie
two thumbs up!!
½ August 21, 2009
Awesome series! This one was good but it wasn't as funny as beating the devil. So that's why lower marks. Clive owen is still great.
Oh btw this can be seen in youtube if you can't find it anywhere else.