Hostage to the Devil Reviews

• Sep 29, 2017

i found this to be super interesting; how do people not believe in this stuff?

i found this to be super interesting; how do people not believe in this stuff?

• Jun 19, 2017

I thought this documentary was fair, in that it showed someone that was insanely jealous of Father Martin as the antagonist. Looking at the rating right this moment (31% liked?) I laugh. Watch it yourself, and decide instead of basing it on what people say it is. There's obvious biased reviewing going on here. I thought the producers did a very fine job of researching and interviewing.

• Mar 26, 2017

Interesting for archival footage of Malachi Martin and interviews with his friends, but unfair to Martin in that the creators should not have given any airtime to Kaiser, whose paranoid schizophrenia made him delusional about Martin and his wife having an affair. Also, doc did not make clear that while Martin did leave the Jesuits, he remained a priest in good standing, and had faculties from Cardinal Cooke. The ending was bad, quoting Martin as saying we have no protection from the devil - except Christ, but they deleted Christ from that quotation! Bad bad bad film making.

• Feb 18, 2017

Awesome documentary !!! Watched it 3 times ?? a job well done causeway pictures and of course marty and chris ??

• Feb 05, 2017

This is a tough one. The concept of this documentary was interesting enough, I was intrigued, but by the end of it, I had no idea what this piece was truing to say. it was all over the place, first this guy is saying that the priest had am affair with his wife, then he's interested in helping, then he isn't really a priest anymore, and then this and then that. Without a narrative, it was sort of confusing. At the end, I don't know what the point was. What is is that he did exactly, was it real? there was no real ending.

• Jan 20, 2017

If you have any notion that The Christian God exists watching this piece of garbage narrated by liars and scoundrels will set you straight. Never has anyone put together more false narratives told through vague anecdotes in a more unbelievable way. Someone then went to the trouble of producing a big piece of crap film told by liars, child molesters, and dirty cops. The mass hysteria of the past rears its demented Catholic Lying head in this waste of 90 minutes. Someone investigate the dirty NYPD officers who spoke up in this crap fest because I'm certain they have some bodies in their backyard and some preteen child molestation skeletons in their putrid pig closets. This film is certain to show you how close we are to an era where the mass hysteria and lack of evidence that fueled the abuses of the catholic church had a free for all in fucking over our entire world. If there was any evidence that any demonic possession ever happened in this world they certainly won't be surprising you with it in this waste of digital storage space.

• Dec 31, 2016

An interesting doco about a priest who was recognised by the Catholic Church as an exorcist!