Hostiles Reviews

• Jeff
    Sep 13, 2019

Loved this movie! Great Western action and a solid story.

Loved this movie! Great Western action and a solid story.

• Sep 07, 2019

I saw this at the theater and watched it on Blu-ray and I like it a lot. It takes it's time and it's got some solid action in the midst of trying to break free of the ground it's standing on. While it's not action oriented, it does a good job of dealing with everybody with everything that basically makes you feel as if you're kicked to the curb only to rise up. Everybody is expendable, and no one cares if they're right or wrong. Kind of drab in some instances, but if you don't allow that to overweight yourself, you'll be in for a good time.

• Aug 26, 2019

I'm not a movie critic, but...when you think about it, this movie has parallels to saving private Ryan. Still, an entertaining film. Army Captain Christian Bale is tasked to take a dying Cheyenne chief back to his tribal homelands to die. He's a war criminal and this doesn't sit well with Bales's character. His men are put at great risk to return him, just like SPR. Not thoroughly original, it is still beautiful to look at, with solid performances, Thought provoking, great action set pieces and an ending that will tug at your heart. A great add-on to your western collection.

• Aug 25, 2019

Hostile has a great opening scene and plot. Plus Christian Bale gives a solid performance. But the movie is slow and gets confused.

• Aug 22, 2019

Strong, tragic film. Sharply directed and produced with an enjoyable story that cuts into the heart of its viewer. Once again Bale is able to show us the tragic side of being a soldier.

• Aug 11, 2019

Hostiles is great gritty western/war film with great acting from everyone especially Christian bale along with great cinematography and good action plus the storyline

• Jul 28, 2019

Christian Bale did an excellent job acting as a Cavalry officer during the American Indian Wars. The message of the brutality from both sides and forgiveness was excellent. The filming was well done, and we'll directed.

• Jul 26, 2019

Ignore critics on this one. This movie is damn near perfect. Christian Bale's best acting by far.

• Jun 24, 2019

Oh gawd, not another 'white savior' flick

Oh gawd, not another 'white savior' flick

• Jun 17, 2019

Christian Bale is the best actor in the world. This was my favorite performance from him since Out of the Furnace.