Torch Singer (Broadway Singer) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Torch Singer (Broadway Singer) Reviews

September 19, 2015
Claudette Colbert sparkles and shines in the title role; soapy, old-fashioned fun.
½ December 14, 2014
who doesnt love claudette colbert
½ August 11, 2013
Shines brightly through the ages!
½ November 14, 2012
this pre-code drama has a sucky ending but still worth a view
October 17, 2012
2: A baby out of wedlock, adoption, abandonment, etc. Topics that were not often depicted on the silver scene after the production-code went into effect. I must say that I think overall the code was a good thing though. I provided a wall against which the more independent-minded in Hollywood could hurl themselves. It also forced writers, directors, etc to become creative and allowed for much more inventive innuendo and metaphor. This is a pretty straight forward and forgettable film. The only thing really unique about it is the subject matter, so it serves more as a historical curiosity than a work of entertainment. A bit too melodramatic and abrupt at the conclusion.
½ June 25, 2012
what was so wrong with beong a torch singer?
April 13, 2012
I was a little surprised I liked this movie as much as I did. The singing was enjoyable and Colbert played her role extremely well.
½ October 30, 2010
Predictable, and with a sort of round about feeling at times, but it has a good ending. I liked it, but it's not the best movie, it could be better.
May 20, 2010
Cary Grant is not in this movie, not even as an uncredited nightclub patron.
½ August 16, 2009
Three fourths a good movie but the ending is pure corn. Claudette's wardrobe, especially her stage gowns, is amazing.
April 26, 2009
Another damned good pre-coder. Watching these, it actually makes most films these days kinda sad since the woman are all victims, where asin these old ones, they really take control of there lives.