Hot Bot Reviews

• Dec 03, 2019

This makes it easily to my top 5 worst movies of all time. The acting was terrible, the plot was nonexistent, and the effects were lame. God please give me back my hour and a half I wasted and wipe this god awful experience from my memory.

• Nov 18, 2019

This was mostly awful. The characters aren't likable, much of the story is unnecessarily stupid, and the most of the potential is wasted. That being said there were some silly parts later in the movie that were enjoyable, but I doubt most people will stick it out that long.

• Jun 14, 2018

My god! A more pointless, superfluous and uninspired movie there is not! Completely lacking in charm, likeable or relatable characters; not only a waste of time, it utterly drains you to watch this insipid garbage. I beg you not to watch this movie, unless of course your partial to masochism, in that case, a more painful and hurtful experience is hard to find.

• Mar 06, 2018

Dumb, insulting, misogynistic and misanthropic, this is the culmination of every cliché wrong with america. Pure, unadulterated trash.

• Oct 24, 2017

This was a really bad movie and if I hadn't been bored out of my mind, I probably wouldn't have watched it on Netflix. However, the story is compelling considering she is a learning AI. This perked my interest since I have 35 years in software development.

• Nate Z Super Reviewer
    Jan 02, 2017

What seemed like a mere rip-off of Weird Science instead became one of the most uncomfortable, unfunny, and downright soul-destroying 86 minutes of the year. Two nerds, clearly patterned off the archetypes from Superbad, stumble upon a sex robot escaping the dirty-minded clutches of a senator (Larry Miller, why?). At first the boys think they've run over a killed a sexy lingerie-clad living Barbie, so they elect to take her back home to dispose of the corpse. This is also the part where the "Jonah Hill"-esque one debates defiling her dead body... and this is before they know she's a robot. The characters are unlikable but even worse are exasperatingly unfunny. The comedy is too often obvious and toothless, luxuriating in bad improv from actors given not enough of a script and far too much leeway. The vulgarity is lame and for a raunchy sex comedy the material is weirdly chaste, trying to insert a dissonant romance for our Hot Bot. The premise is so ripe for comedic potential that it's almost baffling how much they blunder. It's about as baffling as comprehending that this cheap-looking, sloppily executed dreck is made by the Polish brothers, a pair of indie auteurs responsible for much more thoughtful and adventurous cinema like Twin Falls Idaho and Northfolk. I didn't know these guys were even capable of making something this bad and this pathetic. Watching this movie saps the life out of you as only a bad comedy can. It's disheartening to watch ordinarily funny people strut and fret with weak material, and Hot Bot is the weakest of material. The movie can barely put together enough material for feature-length, and even that is inflated by the end credits outtakes that prove making the movie wasn't any funnier than watching this unfortunate and miscalculated mess. This movie will serve as a dark reminder for everyone who worked on it as they try and pay penance for the rest of their lives to eliminate the awfulness that they helped bring into this world. Nate's Grade: D-