Hot Fuzz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Fuzz Reviews

August 8, 2016
One word - Brilliant.
The action in this movie is amazing (especially Nick Frost and Simon Pegg) and the suspense and comedy is more than amazing. Edgar Wright really showed his talent with this movie.
½ August 5, 2016
The guys behind Shaun of the Dead have made another great, hilarious movie. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are hilarious and the film is a great satire of action cop movies like Lethal Weapon and Die Hard. Highly recommended!!!
½ August 2, 2016
Hot Fuzz was a very ambitious film with exceptional editing. I was entertain throughout the whole film and as of now it is my favorite police movie I've seen. Such unique humor in this film, I liked how the humor was done a lot through the filmmaking unlike how most films comedy is only based on dialogue. Director, Edgar Wright wasn't lazy for any of this film; he didn't even use the over used Ariel shot to show a character getting to another place instead he did something very unique and funny by showing a bunch of little things such as the taxi, train, sitting, waiting ect... That may sound lame but if you've seen the film you know exactly what I'm talking about.
August 1, 2016
Hot Fuzz is a hilarious spoof on police work in Great Britain with the odd ball direction of Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost starting.
July 25, 2016
Worth a watch just to clear your mind on something mind-blowing like this Ultimatum. Hot Fuzz is an enjoyable film with a lot of hilarious moments and is less boring like the worlds end.
There's Gore, Brilliant Explosions, A Good Story, A Markable Dialog that fits every element when coming to a comedy like this, Maybe English People are funnier than Americans, Oh My God!

Best Comedy, Had A lot of laughs, I really wanna get this film on DVD or Blu Ray. (If It is Possible).

Score: 10/10
July 22, 2016
An absolutely hilarious comedy from the legendary Edgar Wright, with an amazing script, Wright's typically brilliant direction, and performances from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost that elevate the material to an even higher level.
½ July 18, 2016
4.5/5. One of the best cop movies out there, Hilarious and badass. What more could you want?
½ July 18, 2016
Smart, Clever and really funny, Over the top and just what we expect from nick and simon, It's gross at times and had some pretty fun action scenes that don't fit the film but so glad they had them.
July 11, 2016
Brilliant homage to action movies that manages to poke fun at the genre while still being a pretty good one on its own. What makes the 'Cornetto Trilogy' so excellent is that each film feels unique in both the acting & filmmaking, while still retaining a distinct charm. Simon Pegg shows his chops as Sgt. Nicolas Angel, completely believable as an action star while also pulling superb double-duty with writing with director Edgar Wright. The rest of the cast is excellent as well, particularly veteran's like Broadbent & Dalton, who have the time of their lives in this movie. Wright's direction is equally superb, making fun of action movies in the first hour before delivering one of the finest & most hilarious action sequences in the last hour. A must for action fans and still my personal favorite of Wright's films.
July 9, 2016
Edgar Wright nails visual comedy. This film is as smart as it is hilarious, unfortunately the third act for me doesn't pay off just how good the first two acts are.
July 6, 2016
Quotable, hilarious, light-hearted but heavy on the action, Hot Fuzz is a movie you gather your friends for, but is also infinitely enjoyable by itself. Fantastic writing and hilarious performances from the whole cast make for a parody that actually transcends parody and becomes one of the best examples of the buddy cop genre.
½ July 5, 2016
Applying some great absurd comedy to an interesting crime story, this movie mostly works but feels a bit too in-your-face at times and doesn't quite have the jokes to hold you over through the less-interesting parts.
½ July 3, 2016
Had a couple parts where I chuckled but it was too stupid to be really enjoyable.
June 26, 2016
I have four words for you: SEE THIS MOVIE.  You will laugh your ass off.  If you've ever seen a cop movie, you will laugh your ass off.  If you've ever seen Point Break or Bad Boys II you will laugh your ass off. Hell, even if you're from another planet you will still find this movie funny.
These lines are funnier in context but hell:
"He is not Judge Judy and Executioner."
"P.I. Staker? Right, Piss Taker! Come on!"
"We're just hoping to talk to the last people to see Mr. Merchant alive. Namely a Sergeant Nicolas Ass-wipe and Cuntstable Fanny Batterbum."
My face hurts I laughed so much.  Two very memorable moments made me laugh a good five minutes after the joke would have to be the sea mine and the fun runner.  I think I will definitely see this movie again.  I think you have to watch it a couple times to catch all the jokes.  This one is recommended.
June 20, 2016
I didn't know what to expected on this movie but just as Shaun of the Dead this is a comedy and satire but this time of Buddy-movies, but it's so well made, it's so funny and it has some really unexpected but great action that it really makes it fun to watch. Edgar Wright style of directing really fits. I loved this movie.
½ June 18, 2016
90% Hot Fuzz proves that action and comedy can truly go together, in this hysterical, exciting, and extremely entertaining buddy cop satire.
June 13, 2016
Only Pegg and Frost can make seeing a granny getting smacked down hilarious!

A fitting farewell for Edward Woodward!
½ June 12, 2016
Like 97% Of Pegg's movies this one sucked ass!
June 9, 2016
Definitely didn't expect it but this movie is so ridiculous it's hilarious. Simon Pegg is a great actor. His facial expression within the context of the situation cracks me up. Plus the whole mystery themed plot is my type of movie.
½ June 5, 2016
Right off the bat I gotta' say that this movie didn't make me laugh as much as I wanted it to. There were chuckles throughout, but no huge belly laughs or anything, at least not for me. It's very clever and smartly written, but there just wasn't anything that really got me. In terms of sheer entertainment value though, I had a blast. It's so obscenely outrageous I couldn't help but smile through most of its insanity. It's a buddy cop film at its core, and it hits a lot of the genres clichés, but it pays homage to them while simultaneously skewering them. The action scenes are fantastic with endless creativity, and Edgar Wright's direction is so quick and in-your-face it's impossible to get bored. The chemistry between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost is once again a highlight here, and I really bought their developing friendship in this and it was nice to watch. I also really dug the plot and found myself really getting into it. Pretty early on I thought I had it figured out, and was disappointed at how generic it seemed, but nope, I had it wrong, and the twist where you find out what's really going on is original and freaking brilliant. I guess my only big issue with this movie is I wish it had made me laugh more, and the ending is a little lacking (the climax is great, but the final resolution in the last 5 minutes is pretty meh). Even so, it's a great deal of fun, and I can definitely see myself watching it again soon.