Hot Fuzz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Fuzz Reviews

April 14, 2017
Not nearly as funny as they try to make it, but it has its moments.
April 8, 2017
Very well executed and thought out film. The director clearly knows what he wants and how to get it. It's witty and funny - everything you expect from a parody! Great watch!
April 1, 2017
A followup to "Shaun of the Dead," "Hot Fuzz" is a hilariously funny and original cop comedy.
½ March 27, 2017
One hell of a comedy but lacks something
March 20, 2017
When the ass kicking begins this is a joy to watch. Gets better with every viewing
March 12, 2017
Another bloody funny 2 hours from the cornetto team. This I would argue is even better than its predecessor, with more complex characters and morals and some of the funniest moments in cinema history. Fantastic.
March 1, 2017
A one of a kind! Favourite movie!
February 26, 2017
Just about a perfect comedy. Edgar Wright is the rare comedy director to understand visual comedy and gags.
½ February 23, 2017
My god this movie is so funny and unpredictable
½ February 17, 2017
Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright get together to continue the work they started with 2004's Shaun of the Dead, this time dropping a parody of cheesy police action flicks. Like its predecessor, it works on a satirical level, but also as a standalone - albeit one with far less heart than we saw in Shaun. Pegg plays Nicholas Angel, a straight-laced London constable who's so fanatical about his job, the top brass worry they'll look bad by comparison and ship him off to the minor leagues. There he partners with Frost, a slobbish underachiever, and swiftly uncovers a vast criminal conspiracy. Fuzz relies heavily on one-liners and sight gags, which are generally pretty effective, but lacks a real emotional hook. That makes for an entertaining two hours, if not for endless re-screenings. The best work comes from the supporting cast, with Timothy Dalton leading the pack as the town's squinting, scheming, mustachioed mastermind grocer. And, of course, Paddy Considine and Rafe Spall are downright show-stealing as the two Andys, resident detectives more concerned with needling newbies than cracking cases. I could've done with a lot more of those guys. A good film, with some big laughs, but no more than that. It's tough to avoid constant comparisons to the team's preceding effort, which isn't a fair match.
½ February 16, 2017
Interesting comedy is swallowed up by a labyrinthine plot. It is good to see Timothy Dalton relishing a sinister role!
½ February 14, 2017
It's a great comedy and a personal favourite. Strong in it's comedy and storytelling.
February 12, 2017
Great film with good twists
February 7, 2017
Great comedy. I love it so much
January 30, 2017
Hot fuzz is a really good movie, good job Edgar Wright, it's pretty much got everything right on this level it's really funny, I give this an 8/10
January 22, 2017
Not the best out of the corneto trilogy but still a absolutely hilarious movie.
January 21, 2017
Hot Fuzz is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. With clever storytelling, smart writing, and outstanding direction, the movie makes for a great time. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are just amazing together in this movie. Their chemistry is perfect. The best thing about this movie is the comedy for sure, but I also admire how the movie knows exactly what it is. It is a cheesy, dumb, action movie that never takes itself seriously. And that's precisely what I'm looking for in this type of movie. Hot Fuzz gets a 10/10.
½ January 18, 2017
A highly entertaining and funny adventure. The team of Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Natascha Wharton hit another home run. This is satire at its best. Final Score: 8.8/10
½ January 11, 2017
Absolutely loved this film, the parodies are dead on for the over-blown genre they're targeting and it holds up really well on the repeated viewings. I would never have suspected that Simon Pegg would be able to sell the whole 'bad-ass cop' thing quite so well, but there you go.

Absolutely recommended.