Hot Fuzz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Fuzz Reviews

February 7, 2017
Great comedy. I love it so much
January 30, 2017
Hot fuzz is a really good movie, good job Edgar Wright, it's pretty much got everything right on this level it's really funny, I give this an 8/10
January 22, 2017
Not the best out of the corneto trilogy but still a absolutely hilarious movie.
January 21, 2017
Hot Fuzz is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. With clever storytelling, smart writing, and outstanding direction, the movie makes for a great time. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are just amazing together in this movie. Their chemistry is perfect. The best thing about this movie is the comedy for sure, but I also admire how the movie knows exactly what it is. It is a cheesy, dumb, action movie that never takes itself seriously. And that's precisely what I'm looking for in this type of movie. Hot Fuzz gets a 10/10.
½ January 18, 2017
A highly entertaining and funny adventure. The team of Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Natascha Wharton hit another home run. This is satire at its best. Final Score: 8.8/10
January 14, 2017
One some days, this is my favorite movie of all time.
½ January 11, 2017
Absolutely loved this film, the parodies are dead on for the over-blown genre they're targeting and it holds up really well on the repeated viewings. I would never have suspected that Simon Pegg would be able to sell the whole 'bad-ass cop' thing quite so well, but there you go.

Absolutely recommended.
January 3, 2017
Fuckin brits. 92 though for real for real? Not my cup o tea
½ December 28, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: The band is back together with Nick Frost, Simon Pegg (who's "chemistry" is magnetic) and genious Edgar Wright re-uniting after the brilliant 'Shaun of the Dead.' On the most part, they deliver again too, as this definitely works as a satire of the buddy-cop movie, but it also succeeds in standing on its own in that regard. That's because 'Hot fuzz' parodies by off-the-wall exaggeration, and thus brings in high levels of excitement, tension and improved action that Edgar Wright directs impecably.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: This more over-the-top approach to satire is entertaining, but it looses the subtle intellegence of its predeccessor, and feels more self-contained and over-reliant on the madness as a result.
VERDICT: It may not be as good as 'Shaun of the Dead,' but 'Hot Fuzz' is without a doubt an entertaining comedy with plenty of great action and off-the-wall moments.
jamrcla
½ December 20, 2016
Smart, Clever and really funny, Over the top and just what we expect from Nick and Simon, It's gross at times and had some pretty fun action scenes that don't fit the film but so glad they had them, It's basically a posh Bad Boys movie set in the English country side.
½ December 19, 2016
Engrossing detective parody, with some splatter scenes, all seasoned with very funny lines, unexpected twists and pure action
½ November 30, 2016
Simon Pegg is one of today's top comedic actors. He's also often cast in top quality films that are really funny (not like the majority of comedies that are just rehashes of cliche slap stick, crotch, and gross out humor), like Paul, Shaun of the Dead, and The World's End. Some of his best work can be found in movies that are not blockbusters, even those he does a smash up job there as well.

You've just got to love a film in which there is no single killer (how cliche and boring would that be?) but rather an entire town of killers, most middle aged and elderly. You've just got to love a scene in which a grandma is about to blow away Pegg's character but he puts her down with a decisive kick to the face. Or how about a ozzie firing octogenarian who's hell bent on taking you out? Epic

When Sgt. Angel (Pegg) discovers that the "accidents" that are happening are murders perpetrated by a secret society that kills, well, it kills just because maybe you're annoying. That's good enough reason, isn't it? And to top it off is PC Danny Butterman (Nick Frost), Sgt. Angel's childish side kick who completes the film.

Sure, there are great belly laughs, but greater than that is the absurdity of the murderers, simple country folk gone bad ass. It's a great script with wonderful acting that culminates in PC Butterman firing into the air just like Keau Reeves from Butterman's favortie film.
½ November 16, 2016
Not bad, but just not as good as you want it to be.
November 11, 2016
My type of humor! Dry, sarcastic and a little dumb but ultimately so funny. I love a good cop parody and Nick Frost is hilarious in this film.
October 24, 2016
Apres Shaun Of The Dead, le duo Pegg et Frost remette le paquet et ca decoiffe ! Une sorte de Bad Boys a la sauce British, on ne s'en lasse pas.
Le meilleur du cinema britannique concentre en une seule histoire. Mon prefere de la trilogie.
½ October 11, 2016
Muy cercana a la primera en mi opiniĆ³n, mantiene el mismo humor, es muy chistosa, y el hecho de que exista un misterio y se trate de resolver con comedia, la hace aun mejor.
October 11, 2016
Probably the least funny Edgar Wright movie in terms of laughs per minute, but that is not a bad thing. This movie is just a total trip. The story is surprisingly tricky, and the characters are all so over the top and likable. And of course, the visual story telling is top tier.
½ October 9, 2016
Hot Fuzz points out everything that's wrong with buddy cop movies in very funny ways, but in doing this it manages to be a great buddy cop movie itself.
October 2, 2016
Best movie of all time.
½ September 28, 2016
Funny, great story and a fabulous cast. What's not to like!