Hot Fuzz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Fuzz Reviews

½ September 15, 2016
Hot Fuzz delivers on all the promise of Shaun of the Dead with a much stronger film in general. It also might have my favorite Timothy Dalton performance ever.
September 11, 2016
This was ok. Some comedic value.
September 10, 2016
When Pegg and Frost get together, it's going to be a good time!
September 6, 2016
With a fantastic direction and Oscar-worthy editing, it boasts a brilliant script that combines hilarious comedy, exhilarating action and clever thriller while paying an incredible attention to the smallest details - though too restrained with violence in its climax.
September 2, 2016
5/5 Must see film!

This has to be one of the best films I've ever seen. I love every film Simon pegg and Nick frost are in, they're probably my favourite actors. So if you're looking for action and comedy this is the film for you!
August 30, 2016
A great, funny film with lots of comical graphic violence!

Overall 8.5/10 or 4 stars
August 19, 2016
Very unexpected plot turn!! Loved it
½ August 13, 2016
This movie is glorious
½ August 12, 2016
If you take all the clichés of a cop drama and drop shit on them as successfully as done here yet still create a compelling storyline and likeable characters then you'll probably be arrested for copyright because this kind of comedy is a one of wonder that deserves not to be replicated.
August 8, 2016
Quick, sharp and ingeniously funny, Hot Fuzz brings the best out of writer/director Edgar Wright as well as Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in this comedy masterpiece.
August 8, 2016
One word - Brilliant.
The action in this movie is amazing (especially Nick Frost and Simon Pegg) and the suspense and comedy is more than amazing. Edgar Wright really showed his talent with this movie.
½ August 5, 2016
The guys behind Shaun of the Dead have made another great, hilarious movie. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are hilarious and the film is a great satire of action cop movies like Lethal Weapon and Die Hard. Highly recommended!!!
½ August 2, 2016
Hot Fuzz was a very ambitious film with exceptional editing. I was entertain throughout the whole film and as of now it is my favorite police movie I've seen. Such unique humor in this film, I liked how the humor was done a lot through the filmmaking unlike how most films comedy is only based on dialogue. Director, Edgar Wright wasn't lazy for any of this film; he didn't even use the over used Ariel shot to show a character getting to another place instead he did something very unique and funny by showing a bunch of little things such as the taxi, train, sitting, waiting ect... That may sound lame but if you've seen the film you know exactly what I'm talking about.
August 1, 2016
Hot Fuzz is a hilarious spoof on police work in Great Britain with the odd ball direction of Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost starting.
July 25, 2016
Worth a watch just to clear your mind on something mind-blowing like this Ultimatum. Hot Fuzz is an enjoyable film with a lot of hilarious moments and is less boring like the worlds end.
There's Gore, Brilliant Explosions, A Good Story, A Markable Dialog that fits every element when coming to a comedy like this, Maybe English People are funnier than Americans, Oh My God!

Best Comedy, Had A lot of laughs, I really wanna get this film on DVD or Blu Ray. (If It is Possible).

Score: 10/10
July 22, 2016
*****
An absolutely hilarious comedy from the legendary Edgar Wright, with an amazing script, Wright's typically brilliant direction, and performances from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost that elevate the material to an even higher level.
½ July 18, 2016
4.5/5. One of the best cop movies out there, Hilarious and badass. What more could you want?
July 11, 2016
Brilliant homage to action movies that manages to poke fun at the genre while still being a pretty good one on its own. What makes the 'Cornetto Trilogy' so excellent is that each film feels unique in both the acting & filmmaking, while still retaining a distinct charm. Simon Pegg shows his chops as Sgt. Nicolas Angel, completely believable as an action star while also pulling superb double-duty with writing with director Edgar Wright. The rest of the cast is excellent as well, particularly veteran's like Broadbent & Dalton, who have the time of their lives in this movie. Wright's direction is equally superb, making fun of action movies in the first hour before delivering one of the finest & most hilarious action sequences in the last hour. A must for action fans and still my personal favorite of Wright's films.
July 9, 2016
Edgar Wright nails visual comedy. This film is as smart as it is hilarious, unfortunately the third act for me doesn't pay off just how good the first two acts are.
July 6, 2016
Quotable, hilarious, light-hearted but heavy on the action, Hot Fuzz is a movie you gather your friends for, but is also infinitely enjoyable by itself. Fantastic writing and hilarious performances from the whole cast make for a parody that actually transcends parody and becomes one of the best examples of the buddy cop genre.