Hot Rod - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Rod Reviews

June 5, 2016
Not a good film at all.
June 2, 2016
Can't believe the score is so low for this movie. Incredible jokes, great physical humor. Not just another stupid SNL movie. Really keeps you laughing and is one of the most quotable experiences ever.
May 18, 2016
The funny parts are undoubtedly funny, however the bad parts sadly weigh heavy on this film. Not bad, but not great
May 18, 2016
This is one of the most underrated comedy films of all time! Packed with humor and has an original plot. A must watch
May 2, 2016
Favorite movie, love it.
April 14, 2016
Comedy at its finest.
½ April 10, 2016
A guilty-pleasure movie that is so bad that it's good.
April 3, 2016
This was just not good
½ March 29, 2016
I've seen this next-gen Wet-Hot-American-Summer so many times that most of my laughter was premature. Yet somehow, I still find fresh jokes to laugh at even on my umpteenth watch ("I give the old man a week." "That's really insensitive, Mark"). The cartoonish town itself provides a perfect setting and tone for the endless string of hilarious non-sequiturs and characters. The best part is that its layered stupidity is actually covered in brains, never taking the easy joke when a better one is under the surface.
½ March 22, 2016
Una verdadera obra de arte del cine moderno, un gran comienzo de Andy Samberg en la carrera de la pelotudez.
½ March 20, 2016
"Hot Rod" has its moments, but this Andy Samberg vehicle doesn't have enough gas to make it through a montage-heavy 90 minutes of mediocre slapstick.
½ March 14, 2016
Absolutely Hilarious! I can't believe this is the first I've heard of this. If you like Andy Sandberg, Bill Hader, Danny McBride, and Napoleon Dynamite, you'll love this movie.
February 19, 2016
If you are looking for a silly movie where Andy Samberg gets to basically be himself, then you will like this film. If you were hoping for a little bit more, then you will probably rate it as I and most critics did.
February 15, 2016
A fun, dorky comedy with a unique concept and a clever script to boot.
January 17, 2016
This movie is just a fun time, Plain and simple. Off beat, random, ridiculous and a genuine laugh generator. The premise itself was funny. So many little random moments. I loved this movie. Please Andy, make another one!
January 14, 2016
Some of the jokes in 'Hot Rod' are predictable. But you really can't help but enjoy this movie for how stupid it is. This is what a cinephile would call "So bad it's good." That rank is where 'Hot Rod' stands on my scale.
January 12, 2016
One of those movies that no one should enjoy but I did
January 5, 2016
Andy Sandburg's first major film that wasn't nearly his best, yet it's fun watching him and all the future comedy stars try.
December 15, 2015
Hilarious and underated
½ December 13, 2015
Hot Rod is one of the most redundant, inane films I've ever seen but Andy Sandberg rules the screen and leads his cast to create a stupid, silly but ultimately very funny and rewarding film.