Hot Shots! Part Deux - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Shots! Part Deux Reviews

September 1, 2017
The second "Hot Shots!" might not be as inspired or as side-splitting as the first one but still is a fine parody of war movies and their clichés, permeated with the trademark absurdist humour of Jim Abrahams and Pat Proft. The chicken sequence is iconic.
April 9, 2017
4/9/2017 (2): Meh. A few funny moments, but that was about it.
March 16, 2017
So silly it's laugh out load funny
½ January 31, 2017
Hot Shots! Part Deux is directed and co-written by Jim Abrahams, and it stars Charlie Sheen and Lloyd Bridges in a sequel parody of action films in general about a captured man being at Saddam Hussein's headquarters, and the president of the United States has come to Topper Harley (Charlie Sheen) for help, which he accepts and go rescue the man with his other soldiers. I actually bought this DVD for a dollar as I actually liked it, and even when I watched it again, I still enjoyed it, even better than the original. Charlie Sheen is great as he is in these type of films, and the rest of the acting are also good at taking the silly jokes serious. The jokes in here got me laughing more than the first one did, and that's probably because I watched more of action films like this that are dumb fun, and the characters are still entertaining to watch. The chemistry between the main hero and the love interest gives some laughs that are adorable to see. The gags are clever, and while there are some jokes that didn't necessarily fly, there is always something after it that makes you laugh. There's not much to say about this film, other then the fact that this is probably one of these last parody films that are hilarious that remain to be respectful to the other films that it's parodying.
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
Really funny even though it's taking the mick out of one of my favorite films, Charlie Sheen is again great and really funny, It's better than the first for cheap jokes.
July 12, 2016
One of my favorite movies of Charlie Sheen. While the mood is somewhat predictable, I see it is very nice.
June 18, 2016
Not as many laughs as the first one.
March 20, 2016
Like Sheen, the jokes have beefed up considerably. Hot Shots! Part Deux is funnier, sharper and overall superior to its weary predecessor.
½ February 23, 2016
Topper leads a rescue team to Iraq to retrieve previous rescue teams.

Following on from the first Hot Shots, Topper is recruited back in to service to rescue a team that were sent to Iraq to assassinate Hussein - and the team that were sent to rescue them.

This time taking on Rambo instead of Top Gun there are plenty of other movie nods throughout including Basic Instinct. I'm not sure it bettered the original but it probably didn't have to as the audience will probably still chuckle and enjoy the nonsense.
½ February 19, 2016
While obviously not as novel as the original, Hot Shots Part Deux still has a lot of laughs, though due to how topical many of the jokes were it doesn't hold up as well over time.
February 1, 2016
If Monty Python were American, this would be their Holy Grail.
September 22, 2015
Good but not near as good as the first
½ August 31, 2015
Every shot is filled with some sort of gag. Plus: it's the "bloodiest movie ever"
½ August 28, 2015
"We'll settle this the old Navy way: first guy to die LOSES!"
August 20, 2015
Very similar to the prequel. Some decent jokes, mostly gags.
August 12, 2015
Not as funny as the first, but it's one of the worthiest comedy sequels ever.
August 10, 2015
While not as funny, clever, or thrilling as the first, "Hot Shots! Part Duex" serves as a very fun sequel, with just enough laughs to keep it's audience engaged. That is both good and bad, as more of the jokes here are misses to me. The strange thing about this film is that it feels completely unnecessary, but it works so well. Charlie Sheen is back once again in the title role of Topper, and does a bang up job of helming most of the best gags. This film came at the time where spoof films were just about to begin to get dumber, and I applaud it for being able to stand on it's own and have it's name still talked about in pop culture. This sequel is definitely an enjoyable one that I would recommend to fans of the first, but there is really nothing new to see here, other than a new story. The jokes are inspired from the first and the acting feels similar as well. It is the best sequel you can get though, so I liked it.
½ July 15, 2015
Definitely a really funny spoof.
½ April 28, 2015
Meh. It's no hot shots...