Summer Rain (El camino de los ingleses) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer Rain (El camino de los ingleses) Reviews

½ April 25, 2015
Between2, 2.5 and 3. Antonio Banderas makes a great effort in his directorial debut with music, shots, general messages, actors direction, a portrait of youth. However, the story is quite erratic in some moments, which makes that all the additional stuff looks a little as sustained in the air.
May 3, 2010
I enjoy Banderas as an actor and was hoping that this would reflect some of his skill. I saw it in translation (sub-titles) so it may work better in Spanish. I think he is overreaching his material and that the movie is very derivative. It is his 'sophmore' directing effort and I think the movie shows that.
½ February 13, 2010
Antonio Banderas' second directorial feature about a bunch of coming of age youths. Stylish in visual cinematography & music used; sluggish in narrative however.
December 5, 2009
Malas criticas, y a nadie le gusta! Da miedo recomendarla, pero a mi me gusto. La edad en que lo suenos son el motor de tu vida, sonar es facil pero vivir no tanto...
November 16, 2009
i didn't expect Banderas to make such a cool sensual and sexy movie!!
½ June 16, 2009
As a Spanish movieholic there's no question I expected a lot. Though I'd been a bit sceptical about Banderas, and to be honest, I was partly right: he does overdo it. But loved the subject-matter. If I need to choose a film which describes MY youth it could be probably one of them. Pulsating, strong emotions and sexuality. vibrant with dreams, ambitions, poetry and music. And at least the last questin will haunt me for a while:Will I ever see the shores of MY Africa?
½ May 22, 2009
Good in its own unique way. Such a different movie to indulge in, and I found myself struggling to make sense of the story in the first half of the story, the dialogues were poetic and complicated; but then once you know where it's going, you'd start to really enjoy and appreciate it. It's touching and tragic with some really beautiful scenes.
May 22, 2009
Suppa yawn.... If it wasn't for the Spanish language, I probably wouldn't watch it..
½ May 22, 2009
Nice debut as a director but there are some parts of the movie which could be improved. I liked the story though.
½ May 22, 2009
Kinda surrealistic film with impressive rich colours and strange fates interweaving of several people...
May 22, 2009
An arty-farty coming of age movie.Had a dreamy and surreal feel at times which I'm not sure works for the movie.Its a not-so-perfect debut for Antonio Banderas,I expected more,though the music was good.And the preformances were well done too.The exceution however leaves alot to be desired.Banderas can do better.
½ May 22, 2009
Plodding coming of age film with flashes, albeit brief ones, of brilliance. Banderas' first film and while you can he took lessons learned from the great directors he has worked with the application leaves much to be desired. Good performances from the cast for the most part.
May 22, 2009
Well shot, good dialogue, but I never really cared about the characters.
January 22, 2009
Pretty good, didn't know thatAntionio Banderas could be so good director and take out so passionate performances form his actors
September 15, 2008
August 31, 2008
hmm...little bit to much blah, little bit too artistic just in order to give it a glance...director was probably thinking of impressing his female fans :)) but ok, wont kill you either...
½ August 18, 2008
Drippy, boring and full of shitty truths about life put into too many words. Wouldn't dare to read the literary version. Yuck!
August 6, 2008
I want my 2 hrs back. Cheap & embarrassing pretentiousness does not get a movie anywhere.
(One star for the soundtrack though.)