Hour of Stars (1955)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

The 20th Century-Fox Hour (later syndicated as The Hour of Stars) ran on CBS just shy of two years, from October 1955 through September 1957. An anthology program, the series typically featured readaptations of 20th Century-Fox feature films for a sixty-minute TV airslot. The 1955 production of Miracle on 34th Street - a reworking of George Seaton's 1948 blockbuster and Christmas perennial - was just such an example and became one of the first episodes of the series. The program makes its home video debut following recent appearances on The Fox Movie Channel. In this slightly condensed version of the Seaton story, Thomas Mitchell takes over the Edmund Gwenn role, portraying Kris Kringle, Teresa Wright plays Doris Walker, and Sandy Descher stars as her daughter, Susan Walker, filling the role originally made famous by Natalie Wood.
Rating:

Paul Smith
as Store Clerk
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Hour of Stars

There are no critic reviews yet for Hour of Stars. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Hour of Stars

½

I have yet to see any other version of this classic but for a short made for tv flick I have to admit I was delighted at how much I enjoyed it. I have no clue how close it resembles the more popular versions (and if they are similar I am anxious to see them) but as is The Miracle on 34th Street is a film I would have no problem making a tradition of viewing during the holiday season. Thomas Mitchell is wonderful as Kris Kringle and other than some weak acting by the little Sandy Descher Miracle on 34th Street is a great holiday flick.

Jonathan Porras
Jonathan Porras

I would almost just like to watch this version. Not only is it the original, but it's only 46 minutes long.

Aaron Helo
Aaron Helo

Discussion Forum

Discuss Hour of Stars on our Movie forum!

News & Features