House at the End of the Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

House at the End of the Street Reviews

January 10, 2017
Not that bad... it is alright to watch for free.
I do not think the rating is fair.
December 21, 2016
I'm not afraid of it.
½ December 2, 2016
A generic, derivative and stupid Psycho rip-off that doesn't mind insulting the viewer's intelligence all the way through, with a ridiculous twist that makes no sense and only makes it more than evident that no one involved gave a crap about it.
November 18, 2016
A great thriller film that will completely throw you off throughout. Jennifer lawrence and her mum have just moved into a neighbourhood next door to a boy whose parents got murdered by his sister. All is not what is seems however and the mystery thickens. Jennifer lawrence plaid her part well and was a different direction for her to play. This film is damn right tense and will have you on the edge of your seat throughout.
October 24, 2016
A really boring movie which is predictable and numb to any real emotion or fear. Forgettable and highly passable.
September 15, 2016
House at the End of the Street (2012)
Starring:Jenifer Lawrence, Max Theriot, Elisabeth Sue, Eva Link, Nolan Gereard Funk, Allie Macdonald, Jordan Hayes, Kristia Bridges, and James Thomas
Directed by Mark Tonderai
Review
FEAR REACHES.... FOR THE GIRL NEXT DOOR
Hello Kiddies your pal the crypt-critic has a rip-off kind of horror film,that is literally like the other, I'll be saving your time by telling you this, It was psycho,it was legitimately psycho, there I just saved an hour and forty minutes of your time.
Why do I do this? No wait, here's the better question do I keep finding pieces of shriek? Why, I don't get it well actually I know who's behind this it's that Netflix, they keep putting in bad movies on their instant que, yeah. But whatever screw it let's just get on with it.
First off I don't even know why it's even called house at the end of the street cause it wasn't even at the end of a street it was in the middle of the dang woods. There was a psycho, a weed-whacker, and a dang rake. This film is awful and I mean incredibly awful, and it dissapoint's me because I was actually intrigued by this film, I mean I'm a Jenifer Lawrence fan and it was nice to see Elsabeth Shue again, it seemed to have a dark premise and despit all the crap he's been in the past I was willing to give Max Theriot another chance cause I liked him on Bates Motel, but good GOD did I pay the price.
This movie is not only an insulting rip-off of Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece Psycho, but it is ungodly boring I dang near fell asleep through about half this flick.
This teenager named Alyssa played by Jenifer Lawrence moves into this new home with her mother played by Elisabeth Shue, she develops a relationship with this guy played by Max theriot, who still lives in the same house his sister massacred his parents years ago. And as the two of them get closer more unscary stuff happens and it ultimately turns out that the dude isn't what he seems. Wow I never would have guessed that.
Since I would never in my right mind recommend this movie to anyone, I'm just going to spoil the ending for you because it was Psycho! It was literally Psycho, basically instead of killing his mommy or dressing up like mommy he's killing for his sister who he kept locked in the basement this whole time but wait there's more this film has to disguise the fact that it's a rip-off of psycho by telling us it wasn't his sister at all it was one of these other little girls that he was kidnapping and filling with blue contacts to look like his sister. Oh and there's also something about his sister dying on a swing set and his parents dressing him up like his sister when he was a kid and calling him Maryann and my GOD this movie is stupid!
Jenifer Lawrence has made a good name for herself with films like X-MEN FIRST CLASS, X-men DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and that rip-of of battle royale(THE HUNGER GAMES) and it's far superior sequel. She is so much better then this, she was actually good in this but that's like saying she was the sparkly piece of corn in a giant Ball of shriek. Max Theriot is a horrendous actor( who should stick to television, he's better at it.) I think he was worse in this then he was in my soul to take which I don't even know how that's possible, then we go on to Elisabeth Shue, who is fine in the movie but is just wasted.
The story is assigning, the characters even ones played by good actors are a joke and it's very boring and un-scary. The only scares are jump scares and they don't even happen during scary moments. The value just gets jacked up randomly now and then, I don't get it, I don't get how can someone make a film like this and expect people to be scared by it, but you know what I'll tell you this much the fact that Resident Evil:Retribution is better then this scares the living shriek out of me. This movie blows. I'm giving it one star out of five.
August 10, 2016
Bon divertissement! J' aime toujours voir l' actrice principale( autrement que dans la série de film connu). Il était plaisant de revoir Elizabeth Shue aussi. Dommage que l'on devine avant la fin qui est le méchant. À voir, sans se casser la tête.
July 8, 2016
Liked the romance between Jennifer Lawrence and bro from bates motel. Starts off really good, lowers when guy reveals he is psycho. Good ending song
June 5, 2016
With a strong story line and a few decent scares, this movie turns out to be an all round pleasurable film.
May 7, 2016
Terrible in every way imaginable.
May 3, 2016
Doesn't really go anywhere worthwhile or new
May 1, 2016
This movie is the reason I pick films to watch and not the wife. Utter drivel TBH
April 18, 2016
An original, thought-provoking idea and some 'just-above-average' acting means House at the End of the Street is more than watchable.
½ March 5, 2016
How can so many quality actors end up making such an awful movie?
March 4, 2016
I did`t understand that much about this movie to be honest.
I would have liked for the plot to be a little bit more developed.
I enjoyed some moments of the movie overall.
But it needed much more work.
January 3, 2016
No olipa kuluneita säikyttelyklisheitä. Buaaaaaah.
½ December 27, 2015
It was merely alright. Not terrible, but the only thing really holding this fairly mundane script up were the solid performances of its stars.
November 27, 2015
This was an alright "horror" movie. First off, it wasn't really a horror movie, more of a teen romance kind of thing. Some scenes were pretty enjoyable, and the only horror related scene was really the first three or so minutes. I thought the acting was good, though, but it was mostly the fact that it was pretty disappointing considering I had high hopes for this movie. Decent movie that some might enjoy.
½ November 9, 2015
Still better than "The Last House on the Left"