House at the End of the Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

House at the End of the Street Reviews

½ April 17, 2015
Another slasher movie. Some critics called it bland but they are jaded. Anyone sensitive can feel just scared enough. It has a reality feel. I liked the not quite linear storyline. Talking about storyline, the end explains some and confuse more. Even if we adhere to the preposterosity of it (for entertainment sake), some of the logic needs more explanation. At least, we have some originality and compexity in the denouement, which was nice. Plus, no one is quite all right and no one is all dark, even the psycho. Most characters are intelligent enough to root for. There should be more of these films. I suggest Prisoners by Villeneuve, for more depth in the captured theme. We've all been prisoners in our youth.
April 13, 2015
56% on my Tomatometer.
½ March 24, 2015
Toda estrella de Hollywood que se precie de serlo (con y sin Oscars) tiene por lo menos una cinta de suspenso/terror intrascendente en su filmografia. La rubia Jennifer Lawrence evidentemente no sería la excepción. La casa de al lado es probablemente el tipo de películas que te encuentras un miércoles en la tarde mientras haces zapping en la televisión, no tiene ni un solo elemento original (si es que hay lugar para ese termino), ni tampoco se perdería nada si un día desapareciera de la faz de la tierra. Como entretenimiento para una tarde/noche con la pareja podría funcionar, y absolutamente nada mas.
March 11, 2015
Horrible. This is Jennifer Lawrence at her worst.
½ March 9, 2015
It's pretty ordinary stuff in the main that you've seen before if you like this genre, but I did like the twist towards the end.
March 7, 2015
i want to see this too lol
March 5, 2015
its a slow slow slow burn. while the cast has its moments its by the numbers cheap horror thrills and spills. Only good for a laugh with plenty of alcohol and a takeaway.
March 5, 2015
(12%)
If you think really hard, and do a bit of mental arithmetic, you'll probably come to the conclusion that of all the bad horror movies of the past so many years this could almost be considered a mild highlight of sorts. But then again does this even qualify as an actual horror movie in the first place? As a very good portion of the runtime is much more of a drama than anything else with only a small section at the beginning and at the end even resembling a horror picture. So it doesn't really qualify as a horror, and the vast bulk of teen based drama that makes up everything else is just bland, forgettable, and flat. The only thing this has going for it is Jennifer Lawrence who is clearly too good for the lame material she's given to work with, and the twist isn't exactly terrible in a kind of camp fire style way, but it clearly lacks enough substance for it to be made into a full length movie. My advice: skip this and watch a real horror movie instead.
½ February 23, 2015
Well this was just terrible. Thankfully, I could find humour in its awfulness.
February 17, 2015
A disappointingly bland, rather tame story leaves star Jennifer Lawrence stranded in the dust. An unfortunate misstep, but then again, which American sweetheart's career is complete without a least a couple?
½ February 14, 2015
Thrillers like this are a dime a dozen, but when yours stars current cinema darling Jennifer Lawrence it's gonna be held up to a higher level of scrutiny than the legions of others. Unfortunately The House At The End Of The Street (which is never established as a geographic certainty) never rises above a run of the mill, spooky house, mysterious neighbour whodunnit, with a twist that's telegraphed about a quarter of the way in. From that point it's a formulaic procession of "don't go in there" blunders that are more exasperating than entertaining.
February 12, 2015
Just dumb and terrible. Complete waste of time. Very very stupid.
½ January 26, 2015
Ahhh, could have been so much better! Starts well, nice bit of tension building, but the pay-off is confused, Psycho-copying, hokum, which really doesn't make any real sense with what's gone on before...a bit more flashback resolution would've have helped, but really not that great...
January 18, 2015
same old shit recycled from past movies because the supposed target audience is to dumb to have seen anything good babys first thriller movie leaves little to the imagination much like the white tops Jennifeer lawrence prances about in
January 13, 2015
This movie actually has good qualities, including decent acting and some creepy ideas, but the character's decisions get so stupid and ridiculous that the movie becomes very frustrating to watch. Movies like this get much worse, but that doesn't excuse its flaws. 40/100
½ January 11, 2015
Kept me gripped and to be honest, I didn't see that ending coming at all!
January 8, 2015
I love cheesy thrillers like this. I was so scared I could hardly watch.
January 7, 2015
This film was brilliant, as an avid film watcher I thought the film was a great mix of twists and I was on the edge of my seat, it was a little difficult to understand the relationship between Elissa and Sara at first but it all panned out in the end. Very talented actors and is a very underated movie and I did not see the twist coming!
January 1, 2015
Totally my kind of movie! Awesome thriller.
December 26, 2014
I loved it! It was so awesome and you don't expect anything that happens! I also love Jennifer Lawrence! LOVE!