House of 1000 Corpses - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

House of 1000 Corpses Reviews

January 15, 2017
Classic and unique. Rob Zombie's best film by far.
December 31, 2016
this movie is a little gory. but beautiful in its execution (no pun intended). i've watched it like a million times. its hilarious, creepy, a little disturbing but its not pointless like the hills have vomit encrusted eyes, theres hot chicks and more and more and more. its like the best movie ever. go buy it
½ December 26, 2016
'House' is ambitious, 'House' is trademark Zombie, 'House' is a little bit up itself. The cinematic equivalent of Rob Zombie master-bating to Fulci references for 90 minutes. Do with that information what you will, the last twenty minutes are a scream!
December 25, 2016
More or less a rip off of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".
December 13, 2016
The incarnation of creepiness!
December 4, 2016
Pretty messed up, but that's the way which this film was meant to be!
November 19, 2016
31 Days of Horror 2016 #18
November 18, 2016
Have you ever seen The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Well you've also seen House of 1000 Corpses, without even knowing it. It's basically the same thing. Rob Zombie's tribute to the 70's exploitation horror films isn't terrible, but there's a real lack of sense sometimes, as well as a lack of memorable characters and these weird cut scenes that make no sense. Also, it ain't as gory as I thought it would be. But, the best part of the film is actor Sid Haig, even though he ain't the main focus. The 2005 sequel to this movie, The Devil's Rejects, is supposed to be much better, so I'll soon check it out.
November 8, 2016
Almost unwatchable, it does have it's moments and I was actually interested for about the first half, but it does not come together and really just falls apart before the ending.
November 2, 2016
Deeply unnerving and brutally sadistic, House of 1,000 Corpses delivers a terrifying, unforgettably idiosyncratic nightmare of an experience oozing with gore and featuring scary performances from Bill Moseley and Sheri Moon Zombie -- as well as a chilling debut for writer-director Rob Zombie's promising career in horror.
½ October 22, 2016
Gore gore gore gore.
September 28, 2016
This movie is a psychedelic death romp, Zombie's characters are the best!
½ September 26, 2016
Rob Zombie's feature debut is fearlessly sadistic, and it features many affectionate nods to some splatter classics, and some memorable villains. Unfortunately, there is very little to latch onto in this film; likable characters, compelling story, etc. But the images onscreen will be forever seared into my brain, and I have to give the film credit for that.
½ September 18, 2016
I really don't like Rob Zombie's style of film-making. His films are silly comedy horrors that are neither funny nor scary. I would guess that they are targeted at sweaty heavy-metal fan geeks who think that bad movies are the best kind. I previously saw the devils rejects which I guess is another part of this story, I don't remember how it stacked up against this, and that tells you everything you need to know.
August 7, 2016
Rob Zombie has been a horror fan for years. So when he decided to make a film it was no surprise that he would make a horror film. House of a 1000 Corpses is his first nightmarish vision captured on film. Corpses, though a flawed film, does it's job at creating something new and exciting. We are introduced the most deranged family in horror history since the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. One thing thats very interesting about the characters is that every characters are named after Groucho Marx characters. House Of A 1000 is a thrilling, rejuvenating film in the horror genre and some fans and critics alike have noticed similarities between this film, and TCM. Some claim that Rob Zombie plays out his as a homage to the old school horror films. In part, I'd say it's true. But in the end, who cares? He's made a good little horror film thats worth to check out, and it doesn't matter if it's a homage or not. The film still terrifies across the screen, and by the films end you know that the Firefly family are not to be messed with.
½ August 4, 2016
Director Rob Zombie seems to bring back old style horror films from the 1970's. But the result is unpleasant and disturbing imagery with little sense of logic. House Of 1,000 corpuses is saved by convincing acting and creepy atmosphere
August 3, 2016
5-star review for the first 45min of this movie, and yes the end is kinda dull and not that great but somehow it doesn't matter to me. The music, charactes and the gore I became a big fan. See it and judge yourself, don't pass this based on bad reviews!!!
July 23, 2016
House of 1000 Corpses (2003) C-89m. ?? D: Rob Zombie. Sid Haig, Karen Black, Bill Moseley, others. If not the worst movie ever made, certainly one of the worst examples of entertainment on film. Four nerdy kids take wrong turn on road trip and arrive on a plantation owned by a family of sadistic cannibals. Sound familiar? TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE this ain't; writer-director Zombie also throws in needless grainy filters with random music at any and every opportunity possible that detracts from his story. No suspense, no originality, no appeal, just a lot of gratuitous gore and utterances of the F* word . . . and despite being only 89 minutes, it drones on forever. What's more, the ending makes no sense. What a piece of junk. Zombie filmed a sequel in 2005 called THE DEVIL'S REJECTS.
½ July 19, 2016
Derivative as it may be, this is a crazy adrenaline rush of a slasher flick that stands out among the crowd. Not for its storytelling necessarily, but for Rob Zombie's love and devotion to strong horror stories, as well as Sid Haig's breathtaking, scenery-chewing turn as the maniacal Captain Spaulding. This is a fun splatter fest from the word 'go'.
June 19, 2016
An unpleasant experience akin to being raped, or, in other words, a stupid, unscary and repellent gore fest that begins very well but then tries too hard to be "rock 'n' roll" and full of style with an irritating large amount of references and awful cutaway scenes inserted everywhere.