House of 1000 Corpses Reviews

• Apr 10, 2021

A self-aware movie that at once pays homage to and revamps the horror classics of days gone by. Shamelessly over-blending countless horror tropes & archetypes, the film utterly refuses to take itself seriously... ultimately making for a refreshing, tongue-in-cheek interpretation of the genre in the signature auteur style of Rob Zombie.

• Mar 15, 2021

I loved this movie! The mixture of gore and perfectly corny yet hilarious jokes are everything an average horror movie fan would love! Would recommend to any gore enjoyer.

• Mar 15, 2021

A cult classic of a film. Brilliant!

A cult classic of a film. Brilliant!

• Mar 11, 2021

genuinely one of the worst movies i’ve ever seen. horrendous camera work, terrible acting, piss poor script writing, and most of all, the most interesting character in the movie, Captain Spaulding, is entirely irrelevant to the plot. i don’t know why this is a cult classic, it’s an absolutely abhorrent movie

• Feb 23, 2021

Deliberately over-the-top gory homage to 80s video nasties is obviously aimed to die-hard fans only and hasn't much to offer more than that.

• Jan 11, 2021

It is a funny movie.

It is a funny movie.

• Dec 18, 2020

A good and solid first film from zombie, sets up the gem known as devils rejects although not being as good it is obvious rob learned from his mistakes in later films.

• Nov 07, 2020

Still watching this movie, got 10 minutes left and I'm sitting here why I'm even bothering to finish it. I read the reviews and decided to watch this and idk how anyone can find this the least bit entertaining, I'm not saying you should feel bad if you do but I am saying that you should probably go to therapy or seek medical help because that's not right. Literally the only character in the whole movie that is somewhat entertaining is the clown at the beginning of the movie, you see him one more time and then you're left with the rest of the filth. I mean there's Dwight from the Office but even he can't make his script any more entertaining considering it seems like this whole thing was written by someone with mental deficiencies... I don't know who Rob Zombie is but if I ever meet him I'm going to say he wasted whatever budget he had on an absolute shit show of a movie that wasn't only an eyesore but also just a pain to even listen to.

• Nov 01, 2020

the director tried to give all the movie cliches all at once...all of them and and more and it didn't land successfully ... it has no scares... no ambience or scary music.. too much make up.. too many mutants or experiments. ... you can see all the stages and all the money invested with cartoonist one dimensional characters..

• Oct 31, 2020

Love the stylisation, the flow and the story. Like that it's hammy acting, clowns and deformed people. It doesn't take itself seriously, nor does it pretend. It strikes the right tone, and bosses it... with a lot of fun, some good moments of thrill, and very predictable attempts at 'chill'