House of D - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

House of D Reviews

June 23, 2012
I loved this movie. If you love David Duchovny and Robin Williams you will love this movie. I love this time period and the painful portral of overcoming your childhood and the decisions that our parents lead us to chose. It made me laugh and made me cry.
May 20, 2012
Not a bad film. At one point of the film, I was crying like crazy. It is touching but the characters lack a certain depth. Robin Williams wears some teeth that make him look strange but are supposed to make him look retarded which seems odd to me. I never cared enough for any of the characters.
April 17, 2012
I loved this movie! Robin Williams was fantastic. House of D is a movie worth watching.
April 15, 2012
His fake teeth were driving my crazy.
April 12, 2012
Great movie.. Loved the story line and who can beat Robin WIlliams?
April 9, 2012
Entro y me sorprendo que esta película tenga tan malas criticas por parte de los expertos , en mi opinión es encantadora, si bien no original, si llena de sentimentalismo barato que logra conmover, sobre todo el gran Papas.
March 22, 2012
i love this movie this in in my top 5 fav moives of all time.
½ March 21, 2012
Good story telling. Mostly we watch the performance of a teenager playing the younger version of David Duchovny's character. It's a touching tale that even Robin Williams cud not destroy.
½ March 20, 2012
this movie shows good values
best scene: young kids first kiss
March 16, 2012
This movie is definitely not going to appeal to everyone. It has a very quiet, restrained feel and is more about characters than it is about plot. But David Duchovny's performance is amazing; in fact it's the one thing that stands out the most for me, several years after seeing it. This is a great film.
½ March 3, 2012
I'm a huge fan of Dochovny. Both "The X-Files" and "Californication" are masterpieces, but what the fuck were you thinking, man?
February 26, 2012
You should check this movie out if you enjoy underrated, sentimental movies. I was pleasantly surprised. Stars Robin Williams & daughter and David Duchovny & wife.
January 14, 2012
David Duchovny has written and directed a solid coming of age story about a teenaged boy at a crossroad. Anton Yelchin stars as T (C)a Leoni and Robin Williams support, and all of them are very good in their roles. This movie reaches your intellect as well as your emotions, and it isn(TM)t afraid to carry a lot of both. Still it doesn(TM)t feel one bit stuffy nor sentimental.
½ December 12, 2011
this movie shows good values
best scene: young kids first kiss
½ September 26, 2011
This is a must see movie, a little treasure that somehow slipped thru the cracks when it was released a few years back, touching drama quirky comedy.. loved it !
½ September 25, 2011
David Duchovny directorial debut easily became Robin Williams' worst film ever.
September 9, 2011
Nice first effort from Duchovny..but unfortunately it's also dull,unoriginal,and plot hole filled.
½ August 28, 2011
Le falta bastante fuerza.
August 12, 2011
proof that sometimes critics' reviews are just pure bs. there must be some sort of internal grudge against david duchovny, because this was everything a coming-of-age film should be. beautiful, fearless, and touching.
bbcfloridabound
July 14, 2011
A awesome film. When I first picked up this film from a pawnshop I put it on my watch someday stack. Well a few weeks ago it came to the top of the pile and I still put watching this movie off. Boy am I sorry. David Duchovny score big on his first attempt to write a movie. The story really hit home. Pretty much David who plays Tom Warshaw, tells his story of when he turned 13. Nothing can be said about the cast that would do it justice. Anton Yelchin who played Tommy did a stellar performance. Erykah Badu who played Lady was a true life character. And of course Robin Williams fits the role of a mentally handicap person not a hard role for him to play. What amazed me was The Title House of D, and The Writer David Duchovny having the initials DD. 5 stars no less.