House of Fears - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

House of Fears Reviews

½ October 26, 2013
A slasher movie with a decent concept - a totem that reads your fears and confronts you with them within the confines of a haunted house - but horrible execution. The production values are pretty good for the low budget, but the effects are fairly lame and the acting is downright bad. The dialogue is awful as well (maybe causing some of the bad acting?). Loads of jump scares that won't make any true horror fan jump and not much else. Nice try, but not good enough.
July 20, 2013
Has some good moments.
½ December 26, 2012
House of Fears is a haunted-house-gone-wrong-your-fears-are-made-real horror flick. Nothing really new, but not a bad movie. The cast, while totally typecast and cliched, does an okay job and there are a couple of good 'made you jump' moments.
½ December 9, 2012
Not as scary as it looks nor bloody either! But the acting is ok and the plot is pretty cool!
whosinthenews
½ November 6, 2012
A Zach Morris look-a-like and a bunch of other made-for-tv teenagers spend a completely forgettable night in the most un-frightening haunted house of all time. Director Ryan Little, master of suspense, his cinematic tension building skills recall only but the finest of Scooby Doo episodes. I'm not sure if even a talking dog could have done any more to improve upon the greatness that is "HOUSE OF FEARS". Stay tuned for 'House of Fears 2: the Mores the Scariers'
October 18, 2012
Standard horror flick that is pretty enjoyable to watch. The cover is misleading, if your looking to get scared by creepy clowns i think there is one scene. The majority of the movie is based on a killer scarecrow, among other fears, not a clown like the cover and trailer lead you to believe.
September 20, 2012
A better than average low budget horror film that has a few jumps.
September 6, 2012
Lame... not scary at all, cheap script, so-so acting, an annoying character(the brunet that didn't die) also that black guy, (the only one with a gun in the whole movie) was so USELESS. Avoid this movie.
August 17, 2012
Great premise for a movie, gorgeous haunted house set, very detailed and creepy monsters, terrible execution. The acting wasn't that good, the script wasn't well written, and even the timing of the lines being delivered felt off. Left feeling somewhat dissappointed.
July 20, 2012
Childisch first 31 minutes , then a little bit scary !
July 15, 2012
House of Fears was a pretty cool premise, but the movie was destroyed by a lame script and a cast that just wasn't very good. Some kids at a party decide to break into a haunted house exhibit, when suddenly their fears all come to life. It sounds like a good movie and that cover is great, but the story seemed to be written by a fourth grader. If you're over the age of ten and this film actually scared you, you should be ashamed of yourself. This is seriously about one step above Goosebumps. Aside from the childish script, the acting here is a complete joke! Muffled lines, fake screams, no emotion, I could go on all night about what was wrong with the acting in this film! It's got an awesome cover and very well written description, but the truth is this film is nothing but a waste of time, that you might find mildly entertaining, just because of how bad it really is.
½ June 14, 2012
I actually loved this.

Let's skip the pretentious "horrible actors" part, because that's not what this is about. It's also not about the fact that the characters are selfish, static, and boring. It isn't even about the cliches or horrible dialogue!

It's about an AMAZING SET. Otherwise, this movie would just be a generic time waster. But when you place these horrible, dumb characters in a set that looks authentic and like a pretty enjoyable haunted house where the set actually comes alive to kill, the movie becomes fun.
½ May 9, 2012
I thought this was going to be a spooky clown film... Nope.
The movie gave it's own best comment: "This is a house of lame".
You can use this.. um... "film"? as a horror movie clichà (C) check list.
This thing was like a made for TV movie commissioned and then rejected by the CW network. It seems to me they over spent on this thing. I've seen films with a lower budget that where ten times better because of the story and plot.
The general idea (freaky statue that actually makes your fears come to life and kill you) was good but could have been done way better. The film sets itself up for potential awesome (band name) but falls short on delivering. The only good I can see come from this film is if someone from Thatguywiththeglasses covers it. If Riftrax does this I would definitely be willing to sit through it again. Honestly I hope the makers of House of Fears either learn from the mistakes made here and go on to make much better films, or find a new line of work. I will give the film one good point: Towards the beginning one of the guys dresses up as a killer and jumps out at the others. One of the other guys punches him. That has to be in more horror films.
In the end it's NOT a horror film and not even a suspense film. It should have been titled "Wasted Potential" that would have been more accurate. This is probably the only "horror" film more boring than The Blair Witch Project
April 22, 2012
Not as good as I was hoping. It didn't give enough detail for one. And two, it need more story to it... but Jared Padalecki was in it for 5 full seconds! lol! :)
½ February 8, 2012
A completely predictable and derivative piece of supernatural slasher cinema, House of Fears opens with aspirations to be The Exorcist with its foreign archaeology digs and quickly devolves into the nadir of teenage slasher garbage. Reasonably entertaining as far as trash goes, House of Fears will never surprise you but will provide horror addicts with a decent evening's screening if they are not averse to watching crap.
January 30, 2012
An original way to try to scare you through your biggest fears. This one doesn't work.
½ January 13, 2012
You can tell it's fake in a-lot of places and it's not much of a horror movie but it's still a pretty good movie to watch.
½ December 29, 2011
I watched This movie on Netflix & The only Reason I watched it was because The Cover looked cool, You Know Because of the creepy clowns & Because It Sounded Cool. I was a Bit Disappointed in it Because of How predictable the whole thing was, like the teens' Fears & the way they got killed by their fears. I Mean I even Predicted how the movie was going end from the minute that teenager picked up the artifact. Not only that but, none of the teens had a fear of clowns, The whole film basically centered around the main character's Fear of a scarecrow. And I was sort of looking forward to another Killer Clown film.
½ September 20, 2011
This is a good example of taking a great idea and crapping on it. The whole background to this story is great. A haunted house gets possessed by a statue and whoever is in there, gets attacked by their fears. That is great. But if you have a bad cast and a lower budget then you can say forget it. I mean even with a low budget you could of pulled this off, but I guess the writers and director just didn't have the right mindset. I don't need to talk about the cast. I mean I understand being young and wanting to be in Hollywood, but if these people got in, then maybe I have a chance too. The thing that really bothered me was how there was really no real excitement to the characters being attacked or killed by their fears. You would expect more scare or more gore. But there was really nothing and the death scenes were short. The only thing the film had going for it was a cool concept and some interesting monsters.