Housebroken - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Housebroken Reviews

½ July 29, 2014
(First and only viewing - 11/20/2010)
February 18, 2014
After 25 years with the fire department, Tom Cathcart (Danny DeVito) is determined to enjoy his retirement with his wife (Katey Segal) ad will resort to anything - even kidnapping her - to get his slobbish twenty-something, stay at home sons to move out of the house.

also stars Ryan Hansen, Skyler Stone, Tom Wilson, Matthew Glave, John Farley, Brie Larson and Tony Yalda.

directed by Sam Harper.
½ February 12, 2014
this is garbage why did I see this
½ April 27, 2013
very poor and almost pointless movie
December 23, 2012
An OKAY film. Just okay.
December 17, 2012
Just funy enough to watch , and some nice girls
½ August 8, 2012
One really has to wonder how great actors like Danny DeVito get involved in projects like this
½ March 10, 2012
This film sucks big time......it is simply stupid
December 15, 2011
This doesn't even get a star if it weren't for Sons of Anarchy Katey Segal's Career would be over for good Housebroken and Jack and the Beanstalk glad she is on sons of anarchy though Oh Peggy what Happened
½ December 2, 2011
The worst film I have ever seen.
½ October 27, 2011
Mildly entertaining, never quite got to where it needed to be. I guess I was waiting for the big laugh & it was over before it happened.
½ October 12, 2011
Danny devito was used poorly in this movie.
SC007
August 28, 2011
Big misfire. They had a good idea for a film but didn't execute it correctly. Failure to Launch was better than this film. Danny DeVito, Katel Sagal, and Tom Wilson are great in the film. However, the guys playing DeVito's sons are miscast.
½ August 21, 2011
This movie was funny for the first 15 minutes and the last 2 minutes. Anything in between was pointless. Great cast....just wished they used the "stars" for a bigger portion of the movie.
½ August 15, 2011
knock off of step brothers
July 24, 2011
as an easily amused guy i found this film to be quite funny and entertaining. although it was pretty much a less epic version of step brothers it still was pretty funny.
March 22, 2011
Absolutely fantastic film, you will be laughing you'r head off!!
½ March 9, 2011
Terrible film turned of after around 25 mins just a film trying to be like Step brothers where parents want there kids to grow up so leave there house and let them live there really poor film
February 26, 2011
Discharge number three!

Two brothers, in their mid twenties, still live at home with their parents and have little direction in life. When their father retires, he insists that his sons find a job and move out to begin their own lives. When the father's attempts to motivate his sons fail, he leaves the house with no groceries and turns off all of the utilities and informs the brothers they will need to find a way to survive. The two brothers will need to work together to overcome life's basic obstacles.

"I'm sure erections are a common hazard."

Sam Harper delivers House Broken in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture reminded me a little of Step Brothers with Will Ferrell. The story itself is unoriginal, but the execution is well presented and worth following. The script is solid and contains some clever aspects and the execution of the characters by the cast is above average. The cast includes Danny DeVito, Katey Sagal, Ryan Hansen, Caitlin Crosby, Skyler Stone, and Brie Larson.

"Break his cracker ass!"

I happened to come across this picture while flicking through the channels this morning and decided to give it a shot. I was surprised how often I found myself chuckling at the content and awkward situations. The movie as a whole is nothing special but it does have enough comedic elements to make it worth watching once. I do recommend seeing this film but it may not be worth purchasing.

"I'm not pooping in a box."

Grade: C+