Houseguest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Houseguest Reviews

½ August 28, 2016
Du mauvais cinéma.
Sinbad se tire tout de même d'affaire et il parvient à faire rire à quelques reprises... Une pub à peine cachée de Mcdo qui peut donner la nausée, comme la bouffe qu'ils servent.
Les années 90's sont remplies de comédies de la sorte.
C'était une de plus, mais par nécessairement celle de trop.
½ May 27, 2016
funny comedy featuring the late gr8 phil hartman
August 20, 2015
As good/bad as every other carbon copy family comedy of the '90s... but they didn't have Sinbad and Hartman... 2 men who always made me smile.
August 8, 2015
I very much liked houseguest I thought Phil Hartman and Sinbad were very good
together and Sinbads character is kind of like Jim Belushis character some in the film taking care of business
June 13, 2015
A cult classic I loved this movie as a kid
April 23, 2015
You never find a more tired,generic or formulaic movie than this in 95'.
February 24, 2015
No stars. Couldn't get beyond the car drive from the airport. Utterly irritating character.
½ January 9, 2015
Star of "Houseguest" Sinbad truly is perfectly named: He is a bad sin, he is quite literally God's worst sin against mankind. No plague of locusts or even global flood is worse than having to sit through 1 hour and 53 minutes of Sinbad. Sinbad is an abomination. He is the Anti-Christ. I'd rather pass a kidney stone the size of a Voit basketball than sit through even another minute of Sinbad's comedy stylings. (That is comedy he's attempting, right?) However, now that I think about it, a blaxploitation version of the Bill Murray comedy "Groundhog's Day" starring Sinbad as the guy who keeps waking up over and over again on the same day, except in this version, Sinbad would die a different type of violent, brutal, torturous death all day every day, waking up for it all to start over again. Now that's a Sinbad movie I'd pay good money to see. What the hell was the name of this movie? Oh yeah, "Houseguest." What makes the whole experience of watching this cancerous growth on cinema even more depressing is watching a true talent like the late Phil Hartman wasted in tripe like this. Put simply, "Houseguest" sucks more than Linda Lovelace.
½ August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
July 10, 2014
wow.....ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that sinbad, phil hartman (from the brilliant tv series the simpsons, .R.I.P.), jeffrey jones, kim greist ( from the brilliant tv series The X-Files), stan shaw (from the brilliant tv series The X-Files), play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.....

Some scenes for the movie were shot on location at the Pittsburgh International Airport, Pittsburgh's historic Hill District and South Side, Downtown Pittsburgh, and the Sewickley suburb.

its got good car chases throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie its such an entertaining movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......
April 11, 2014
funny movie. the 90s were such a great time.
½ March 16, 2014
Admittedly, I have not seen it in a long while so my perception might be off. That said I remember liking this movie a fair bit. Sinbad is quick-witted and smooth and carries the movie. Phil Hartman sets up Sinbad well and offers good physical acting with his exaggerated Middle-America suburbanite mannerisms. The movie fails to cash in on Hartman's versatility and comedic talents, which could have elevated this to another level. The McDonalds product placement is a bit too much, even if it does play a part of the story. A number of the fish-out of water situations are quite funny, and they do not lose their effectiveness as the movie progress. As a kid, I enjoyed it, but it the kind of movie I revisit and think to myself hmmm, when I was a kid, I liked bad movies.
March 10, 2014
Sinbad in this movie is just hilarious! I wish he made more movies just like this. Sinbad is just one of those guys who were born with a natural abilty to be funny and is good at it.
½ October 5, 2013
Not technically a "good movie", but still very funny with some great sequences (especially the slideshow and removing the tooth with numb hands).
April 21, 2013
Heaven help us all, I loved a Sinbad movie.
½ March 27, 2013
Sinbad and Hartman fooling around on screen, that's about all "Houseguest" really is.
March 4, 2013
Enjoyable, humorous. Classic Sinbad.
February 12, 2013
Sinbad is charming as ever in 'Houseguest'! There were so many humorous parts throughout the movie, it was almost too much without being over-the-top, in my opinion.
November 23, 2012
Clean for the most part...family movie
November 19, 2012
A guy named kevin who owns a debt is running away from the bad guys and while at the airport he notices this guy and his kids waiting for an old friend who he had not seen in a long time and even forgets what he looks like. So Kevin goes and plays as the friend which he is not and an imposter and goes and lives with this guy and his family. He has to pretend he is a dentist and all this other stuff and it is hilarious. Sinbad was so funny in this movie. It had other good stars like Phil Hartman and jeffery jones. This was a really good movie that was funny and enjoyable.