How About You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How About You Reviews

September 1, 2016
This movie, based on a short story by Maeve Binchy, is predictable, but it is moving and heartwarming. A great feel good story.
½ October 25, 2015
I had never heard of this film and stumbled across it on Shomi, seeing the cast, I decided to give it a try. Glad I did. It's predictable, but in a good way. I like Hayley Atwell("Agent Carter") and also enjoy Vanessa Redgrave, Imelda Staunton and Brenda Fricker. The setting is gorgeous and it's just a nice easy watch. Give it a try!
December 29, 2014
A sweet and heartwarming film that projects the universal struggles and similarities of young and old in smart hilarity!
December 25, 2014
I enjoyed this movie on Christmas Day while I was sick in bed
December 30, 2013
I don't think I have much to say about this movie. It certainly has a good enough cast and a decent script. But it is a little sentimental for my tastes and it handles its characters with kid gloves and I found the whole story of these 4 cantankerous old people, whose misbehaving has caused nurses to quit and other people to moved out of the house, becoming as close as a family and completely changing their lives around for the better to be a little contrived and farfetched. It'd be a good story if told a longer period of time and if the characters were a little more complex. But I understand that that wasn't the film's intended purpose. It was supposed to be a feel-good, Christmas-y movie for the entire family. So I get that, but the movie is probably too sweet for my liking. Still, it's a solid movie with a very good cast that makes up for the script's shortcomings.
December 16, 2013
Nice little film leading up to Christmas!
November 27, 2013
Despite some cliches, this film is very warm and satisfying. I loved the ensemble casting.
½ June 7, 2013
There's nothing new in this story of elderly people finding that life is passing them by but I enjoyed seeing this wonderful group of British actors perform and worth watching for the Christmas Day scene alone.
½ April 17, 2013
3.5/5 Good flick that would be perfect to watch during Christmas time. For some reason I kept thinking of Exotic Marigold Hotel while watching this and how I wish EMH had been anywhere near as good. Yes, I will watch just about anything.
½ June 29, 2012
This was enjoyable to watch, nice message...
May 12, 2012
As I watched this movie I kept expecting something bad to happen. Won't say if it did or not. The acting was amazing. Wonderful story.
July 23, 2011
excellent
I really love Hayley Atwell's home-run performance; she brings alot of intensity and sympathy playing a free-spirited sister making a purpose for herself
Vanessa Redgrave and Imelda Staunton dont really shine until the end though but theres plenty of deep character development in the process
its somewhat a jolly X-Mas story and it certainly takes its time
complex emotions among seniors allow them to open up and divulge the skeletons in their closets
I was very heartwarmed by the music and the sense of joy that snuck its way in a few times
certainly pleased me and the audience who watches it should be as well
July 6, 2011
Predictable sentimentality, with a new caretaker turning curmudgeonly old folk into a warm-hearted family, but well acted by some old hands at least.
May 25, 2011
I enjoyed it, a nice movie filled with good actors.
April 19, 2011
As with a lot of "English" movies, the F-bomb is dropped a few times and there is some use of pot. But a cute movie none the less.
½ March 25, 2011
Really sweet and fun story.
½ March 7, 2011
Excellent Movie on HBO called "How ABout You". Filmed in 2007, starring Vanessa Redgrave amoung others - absolutely great!!
February 6, 2011
It was okay. Not the best though.
January 28, 2011
"the storyline is so different - it makes you think about the choices you make in life"
January 27, 2011
Cute and well acted; predictable though.