How High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How High Reviews

July 18, 2016
How High wouldn't even be a fun movie if you were stoned!!
June 12, 2016
love this movie...totally funny.
June 3, 2016
Method Man and Lark Voorhees make what should be a run of the mill silly comedy a lot of fun
½ March 16, 2015
Taking How High seriously is such an impossible task, if it not only for the fact it is incredibly offensive, but because it is the only film i know to date that is so self aware it becomes unaware. It sits in the void between so bad its good and utter drivel. Regardless of its impurities however, the film actually works as a whole, something you would expect this level of film making to be almost incapable of doing. Silus and Jamal are 2 down and outs, after the death of his friend Ivory, Silus grows his friends ashes into a cannabis plant and lives out Ivory's final wish, for him to go to school and get educated about his talent in botanicals. After realising that by smoking Ivory, not only would he appear but he is also willing to help the pair pass all their exams, leading them straight through harvard, where they cause hell, annoy all the goody two shoes and get "Dem Bitches". Yes this film is so blatantly offensive to anyone who is not black, male and in their 20's, however it does carry some stupid comedy and genuine moments of laughter from time to time. The acting isnt so much as atrocious as what you'd expect from the roster on offer here, in fact Redman and Method Man do a formidable job of holding your attention for the duration, even if the script forces some heavy message hinting at the viewer from time to time. The supporting cast are just about fine and dandy also, including Mike Epp's who plays a pretty dumb pimp. Its all rather, dumb and fun and cringe worthy at the same time. It has a fun soundtrack for the time, the production values are decent enough for 2001 and its not exactly boring to watch. It's like going back to high school at the age of 30 and hanging about with all the stoners. It would be stupid, however if would give you some sense of rememberance, for better or worse. There really isnt much else to say, How High is what it is a dumb stoner movie, nothing more, nothing less.
½ March 2, 2015
How High is pure dumb fun in the vein of other funny stoner movies.
January 3, 2015
so funny ~~~~~~
December 25, 2014
I fell asleep two times while watching this movie. Even for it's very specific audience, it isn't that funny, yet of course it has a couple good laughs. Maybe it was just too black for me.
December 4, 2014
Can u all stop teling me how great this film is and just get me a copy!!!!!! For my birthday or something... i cant get hold of this for the price i want to pay. lol
½ November 9, 2014
that is re realy funny
September 2, 2014
Funny, entertaining and surprisingly well-acted by the two leads.
April 30, 2014
my favorite movie of all time.
½ March 22, 2014
Okay, as strange as I am and most think I'm high. I don't smoke. However, this is one of the funniest films about smoking besides Half Baked. My go to movie when I just eat lotsa junk food and pretend I'm high.
½ March 8, 2014
Great movie. Very, very funny, kinda clever, awesome performances from its cast, especially Man & Man. Third best stoner movie ever made
½ February 12, 2014
Entertaining, yes. Good movie, no.
½ January 13, 2014
Silly movie indeed.. Ghost helps during exams.. I bet the writers also get high when writing this movie.. haha
½ December 28, 2013
A stoner comedy that I went to high school with. I've never found it to be particularly funny, although I'm not a fan of the genre. (First viewing - Teen years)
November 23, 2013
A cool comedy! How High was alot funnier than I tought, I had a good Time! Love the part when Du Hast is playing one of the two guys awakes the other one with a joint.
November 3, 2013
Really good plot, with a brilliant cast, must watch .... It's really funny aswell. As far as stoner films go it's up there as one of the best.
August 5, 2013
people need to see more then just the movie...see the sense behind it. the getting high on a daily bases is a throw me off. look at the moral behind da movie
June 19, 2013
if you wanna laught til you cry watch this movie