Comment j'ai tué mon père (My Father and I) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Comment j'ai tué mon père (My Father and I) Reviews

August 21, 2011
How can you accept a parent's rejection? How can you imagine the most awful pain and disillusion if you lack any imagination. It's like walking on an amputated leg.
June 1, 2008
intense performance fr berling n subtle, very refrained acting fr bouquet. i like!
May 17, 2008
Mildly absorbing Freudian duel between father and son doctors -- med students, take note! Dad is an Albert Schweitzer swashbuckler, who has run a series of shaky clinics for the destitute of Africa. In rebellion, the son becomes a fatuous and wealthy "gerontologist" who seems to take special pleasure in telling his elderly male patients how decayed they are looking. Watch as these two compete over who's the biggest hypocrite and who **really** understands neglected daughter-in-law Natacha Regnier.
February 10, 2008
Another glossy psychological drama from France with some great acting especially from Michel Bouquet. Not a huge amount happens but you really get inside the character's heads and the insight into the father/son relationship is handled sensitively. Thoroughly recommend this.
October 27, 2007
Typicaly French: A story of relationships which takes a while to get your head around the plot. Beautifully shot with some fine performances
April 3, 2007
i love very entertaining
½ September 27, 2004
How I Killed My Father (or My Father and I) is a rather dull and pondering French drama about a middle-aged doctor who finds himself confronted with his long-lost father. The doctor and the father proceed to engage in a psycological battle with the doctor's wife, lover and brother caught in the middle. The film had some interesting moments of solid drama but in general they were too few and far between. The story seemed to drag and in the final analysis none of the characters were even remotely likable.