How the Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How the Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer Reviews

December 2, 2013
Low-key, sometimes to the point of tedium.
June 15, 2013
Long,boring, and poorly directed.
May 6, 2013
I am going to pass on this one.
October 21, 2012
great family drama pena and ferrara have a good chemistry
September 25, 2011
such. a. slooooooooooow. movie.
½ April 7, 2011
This is an extremly good movie...but its a littlemon the long end. I just saw so ,any things in this movie that could have used edits,other those parys the movoe is really good.
½ January 24, 2011
LOVED this near perfect film. It was shot in such a beautiful way.
January 8, 2011
When you do a movie about a dull and monotonous life, thats exactly what you get. A dull and monotonous movie. However, I did feel the atmosphere. I was bored the whole way through.
December 19, 2010
Loved this movie. FUN!
March 21, 2010
Definitely a chick flick.. kind of boring and uneventful..
½ March 4, 2010
An interesting take on the usual melodramatic, sentimental woman-centric ethnic period piece. Worth the watch.
February 14, 2010
for some reason i really like these latin movies, america ferrera is sooo pretty! the parts with the grandmother were a little weird
December 1, 2009
Definitely more of a chick flick, but it so deeply explored the relationship(s) of the grandmother, mother, and daughter. It's heartfelt without being too corny. It's funny, but not offensive. It was unique without being too out there. Enjoyable film and incredible job by all the actresses!
½ October 31, 2009
good points and good acting, but desperately slow. i know that's so you can understand the pace at which these women are enduring their lives, and how eager they are to shake things up, but honestly, the film is hard to get through.
September 28, 2009
At times emotional, at times humorous, but also at times confused. This film host a really nice cast her give good performances which raises the level of the movie. But aside from the three leads the cast is borderline terrible

Some good things about the film.
This movie understands dark humor well. It also understands that its audience can determine things for themselves, not giving us reasons for every decision one of the characters make. The film has amazing cinematography, which really captured this tiny town in Arizona.

Some bad things about this film.
Again, while the leads were top notch, the secondary cast were just plain bad. This film is a bit confused, being funny in places where it shouldn't. Also, it was a bit drawn out and boring.

Overall this film is above sub-par, and is a pretty decent drama with a good lead cast and beautiful cinematography.
September 21, 2009
One word, BIZARRE!!!
September 4, 2009
A funny, entertaining movie. Some of the movie was a little boring and for some reason I thought there was goin to be a rape scene by the creepy dude but he just ended up bustin her window. I was glad Americas' role left him at the end.
August 28, 2009
It was an interesting story about 3 generations of women. Gotta love AZ!
½ August 15, 2009
just terrible my wife wanted 2 c it just b cuz America ferera was in it
July 29, 2009
A story about a small town and what 3 generations of the Garcia family do to love, learn, and move beyond loneliness.There is at least one scene to wait for here. A movie that starts very slowly, and no, it isn't all subtitled. All 3 roles are well done. The guys are well played as well. It's just that they only have one thing on their minds. Hmm, maybe the old guy isn't so bad. If you like Ugly Betty, this will be a little different. It was fun to see Pena again (Lone Star, Tortilla Soup.)