Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas Reviews

January 20, 2019
While its production design dazzles throughout, and the cast, led by the unequaled Jim Carrey, is good, this feature-length adaptation of a beloved Christmas kids book and short cartoon that adapted it shows that stretching out a short story to this length is liable to make the experience feel faded and strained.
January 18, 2019
This is one of my favorite Christmas movies to watch and it is funny
½ January 18, 2019
A horrendous display of juvenile hijinks and incoherent plot points. One would think that with the names behind the movie it may have merit, one would be wrong. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is an abomination of all things cinematic.
½ January 12, 2019
hilarious, geat xmas family film
½ December 30, 2018
I never knew a movie could possible be this obnoxious,ugly, and could have this little charm. There are movies that are so bad there funny but this passes that level by being so bad it makes you want to vomit. the movie twisted the story and completely changed the message by making the whos obsessed with commercialization and making Christmas tacky and flashy. I get what the movie was trying to get across with this, that not only the Grinch needed to change but the whos did as well. But the thing is, is that the movie fails at portraying this and instead makes ever character in the movie shallow. Just to top it off the movie is packed full of hideous character designs, fart and sex jokes, and pointless backstory on the Grinch. This is truly one of,if not the worst movie I have ever seen and it's a complete spit in the face to Dr. Seuse and his work.
December 30, 2018
Que desagradable se ven las personas en el pueblo, claro algunos ambienten son coloridos y la intepretacion de Jim Carrey del Grinch es un poco buena, pero la pelicula se ve demasiado desesperada... Aburridaaa.
December 29, 2018
Who would have thought that Jim Carrey would have a film just based on screeching, irritating noises that has nothing to do with Dr Seuss Christmas tale altogether, thrown in with bright colors to blind the audience.
30%
December 28, 2018
Jim Carrey is hilarious
December 27, 2018
I don't understand how people hate on this movie-it is so much fun! And Jim Carrey is extremely entertaining and obnoxious (in a good way)!
½ December 25, 2018
If you like Christmas and comedy then you'll like this movie. If not then we have nothing to talk about
½ December 24, 2018
The Grinch is meant to be scary but he could not be compared to the horror that came with the too real, one liners. Saying things like "4 o'clock wallow in self pity" and "If I can't find something nice to wear I'm not going" made me relate to the Grinch too much.
However this movie did make me feel like it is okay to hate Christmas if you don't come from a loving home and is reassured my anxieties about the upcoming season.
½ December 24, 2018
I love this movie. Why so people hate. It's hilarious
December 23, 2018
This is an all time favorite and classic! The storyline is fantastic and the costumes are a thing of beauty. Humor and whit! Jim Carrey was perfect for this film and I'm not a big fan of his. I could watch this film all year and it never disappoints!!
½ December 23, 2018
Jim Carrey fits so perfectly as the Grinch with his offbeat humor and insanity that he practically steals the show for the movie, and it keeps up with Dr. Seuss's material, making this a Christmas movie to remember.
December 23, 2018
Beat Grinch movie ever. The movie was hilarious with Jim carry really bringing the character to life. They every made fun of how it was a movie a few times.
½ December 23, 2018
Just way too busy and over the top--leaves out the whole message and wonderful word-smithing of the book and the Boris Karloff cartoon version, which was faithful to the book.
½ December 22, 2018
This is my favorite Christmas movie!!!
It is tons of fun and has so many quotable lines that I may never speak an original sentence ever again.
December 20, 2018
Decent, not great. Hard to take the cartoons and make them full length movies.
½ December 18, 2018
My favourite Grinch film. A lot darker than the new adaptation, it's how the Grinch should be.
December 13, 2018
a great movie that truly is a childhood classic that you fall in love with Jim Carey brings the Grinch to life and wont be replaced once you can experience this bliss