Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas Reviews

August 18, 2017
The perfect film to get you in the Christmas mood. Jim Carrey is brilliant as the Grinch
August 16, 2017
I would give more stars if it would not be toooo Hollywood
½ August 16, 2017
While inferior to the Chuck Jones classic, The Grinch could still stand on its own thanks to fantastic visuals, a few good jokes, and Jim Carey's incredible performance as the titular character.
½ July 25, 2017
Stupid, but I enjoyed it nonetheless
½ July 17, 2017
Universal Pictures introduces a new and groundbreaking form of torture
July 9, 2017
Not my favorite movie I was not a fan of the movie
½ July 3, 2017
Dull, boring, and not funny. Taylor Momsen KILLS IT as Cindy Lou Who! I didn't really like Jim Carrey. But I will say that they deserved the Oscar for Best Makeup, because he was nearly unrecognizable (a few facial expressions cue'd it for me, but maybe even only because I knew it was him) as well as (the rest of? Not sure if he's a Who or not?) the Who's! Not nearly as good as The Cat in the Hat. I think I'd even say I like the animated one (The Grinch, not The Cat in the Hat) better (I only say "I think" because I haven't seen the animation one in forever!)
June 25, 2017
Funny, light hearted, well performed, this is one of those films that you just can't skip during the holiday season.
June 18, 2017
Overall, the film sparkles. But it's a curiously unaffecting sparkle, an example, almost, of how the special effects stole Christmas.
½ June 14, 2017
Absolutely funny, some of sets are phenomenal, and Jim Carrey as the Grinch is super duper hilarious and a fantastic choice. But The Whos look really ugly looking except for Cindy. But it is one of those Christmas movies that I can remember. I gotta say the explosion scene to me, is absolutely hilarious, hysterical and iconic.
June 9, 2017
I personally loved this movie!
½ June 1, 2017
It fails to quite catch the charm of the source tale, but still has some good moments.
May 27, 2017
"I just can't wait for the animated Grinch movie by illumination!"
Said no one!
Story:1|10
Visuals:2|10
Characters:2|10
Overall:1.2|10.
½ May 16, 2017
One of the better Jim carrey comedies that Jim was able to pull off for younger viewers, unlike Mr. Popper`s penguins.
½ April 13, 2017
This is a film where I don't know what to think of it, and by that, I don't know if I hate it or find it a guilty pleasure. I can not for the life of me call this a good movie by any means, it's pretty stupid. Ron Howard is a great, talented director, but in my opinion, this is easily one of his biggest missteps.
April 4, 2017
The camera movement is horrible
FiLmCrAzY
March 20, 2017
When a movie is so bad but so good. Much like the cat in the hat, I'm entertained throughout. If you go in expecting nothing then yiu may be pleasantly surprised.
March 20, 2017
Gets increasingly annoying the further into the film you watch.
½ March 15, 2017
Despite some painful jokes and unsettling visuals, the Grinch is still charming, and Jim Carrey's Looney Tune performance steals the show.
February 24, 2017
Great movie Jim carrey never disappoints me, when I watch his movies.