Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas Reviews

June 18, 2017
Overall, the film sparkles. But it's a curiously unaffecting sparkle, an example, almost, of how the special effects stole Christmas.
½ June 14, 2017
Absolutely funny, some of sets are phenomenal, and Jim Carrey as the Grinch is super duper hilarious and a fantastic choice. But The Whos look really ugly looking except for Cindy. But it is one of those Christmas movies that I can remember. I gotta say the explosion scene to me, is absolutely hilarious, hysterical and iconic.
June 13, 2017
My Favorite Teacher Ms. Sindelar Saw This Movie Back In 2000 At Regal Showplace 16 In Crystal Lake, IL, She Told Me That This Movie Was Loud And It Did Make Her Laugh.
June 9, 2017
I personally loved this movie!
½ June 1, 2017
It fails to quite catch the charm of the source tale, but still has some good moments.
May 27, 2017
"I just can't wait for the animated Grinch movie by illumination!"
Said no one!
Story:1|10
Visuals:2|10
Characters:2|10
Overall:1.2|10.
½ May 16, 2017
One of the better Jim carrey comedies that Jim was able to pull off for younger viewers, unlike Mr. Popper`s penguins.
May 10, 2017
While the ton of the film may seem off for the Dr.Suess classic,the story still has plenty of charm and humor with Jim Carrey stealing the spotlight the whole way through. Definently a classic.
½ April 13, 2017
This is a film where I don't know what to think of it, and by that, I don't know if I hate it or find it a guilty pleasure. I can not for the life of me call this a good movie by any means, it's pretty stupid. Ron Howard is a great, talented director, but in my opinion, this is easily one of his biggest missteps.
April 4, 2017
The camera movement is horrible
FiLmCrAzY
March 20, 2017
When a movie is so bad but so good. Much like the cat in the hat, I'm entertained throughout. If you go in expecting nothing then yiu may be pleasantly surprised.
March 20, 2017
Gets increasingly annoying the further into the film you watch.
½ March 15, 2017
Despite some painful jokes and unsettling visuals, the Grinch is still charming, and Jim Carrey's Looney Tune performance steals the show.
February 24, 2017
Great movie Jim carrey never disappoints me, when I watch his movies.
½ February 19, 2017
As a fan of the Dr Seuss book and the 1966 cartoon, I found this unsubtle, over-the-top adaption of the classic to be exceedingly grating and offensive. Jim Carrey does a great job managing the latex suit, but his performance is annoying, the script does a rather slow job at following the book, and the few jokes are too crude and adultish for a supposed "children's" film - let alone a Dr Suess story!
February 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 25, 2017
This is better than the original and Disney's A Christmas Carol!
January 22, 2017
Good movie, katie favourite
January 14, 2017
Almost cried at the end. I demote this to 4 stars because there are some gross out scenes not to my liking.