Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas Reviews

½ April 13, 2017
This is a film where I don't know what to think of it, and by that, I don't know if I hate it or find it a guilty pleasure. I can not for the life of me call this a good movie by any means, it's pretty stupid. Ron Howard is a great, talented director, but in my opinion, this is easily one of his biggest missteps.
April 4, 2017
The camera movement is horrible
FiLmCrAzY
March 20, 2017
When a movie is so bad but so good. Much like the cat in the hat, I'm entertained throughout. If you go in expecting nothing then yiu may be pleasantly surprised.
March 20, 2017
Gets increasingly annoying the further into the film you watch.
½ March 15, 2017
Despite some painful jokes and unsettling visuals, the Grinch is still charming, and Jim Carrey's Looney Tune performance steals the show.
March 12, 2017
"I just can't wait for the animated Grinch movie by ilumination!"
Said no one!
February 24, 2017
Great movie Jim carrey never disappoints me, when I watch his movies.
½ February 19, 2017
As a fan of the Dr Seuss book and the 1966 cartoon, I found this unsubtle, over-the-top adaption of the classic to be exceedingly grating and offensive. Jim Carrey does a great job managing the latex suit, but his performance is annoying, the script does a rather slow job at following the book, and the few jokes are too crude and adultish for a supposed "children's" film - let alone a Dr Suess story!
February 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 25, 2017
This is better than the original and Disney's A Christmas Carol!
January 22, 2017
Good movie, katie favourite
January 14, 2017
Almost cried at the end. I demote this to 4 stars because there are some gross out scenes not to my liking.
½ January 4, 2017
If you're in the mood for some Jim Carrey over the holidays, here it is. The Grinch is Dr. Seuss's classic bah humbug Christmas antihero. He's a meanie. This has a bit more backstory than the original rhyming tale. We find out WHY the Grinch is so mean.
January 2, 2017
The best since the cartoon came out. Giving the fact that he made it up as he went along is better than anything ever made.
½ January 1, 2017
TV Cartoon was way better. This is a 5 out of 10
December 30, 2016
The costume work on the main character is pretty good and the movie does have its moments, but the acting ranges from lazy to obnoxious and the humor is very disrespectful to the original Dr. Seuss classic. Not horrendous, but still pretty bad.
½ December 30, 2016
Surprisingly, much nicer than I thought it'd be.
December 27, 2016
This is probably one of my favourite Christmas movies!
December 27, 2016
I could watch this film everyday. In fact I have watched the first hour probably a hundred times. It is too long which is why I regularly bail out before the end.