Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas Reviews

½ April 4, 2018
It's almost summer and I still watch it
michael e.
March 29, 2018
Jim carrey did a fantastic rendition of this character the Grinch and i would say that this role is actually better than Boris Karloff
March 28, 2018
Funny, heartwarming and fresh. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" offers enough good times and nostalgia to become an instant Christmas classic.
March 10, 2018
BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER!!! Jim Carrey was so great in this movie. Everything about this movie was so good. I mean this movie is AMAZING!! I remember I was blown away so much when I saw this movie in theaters. I loved it so much I wanted to cry because of how much I fell in love with this movie. This movie never gets old. And it never will. One of my all time favorites.
½ March 8, 2018
It's a mixed bag in terms of storytelling, but Carrey is excellent and it's one of the funnier Christmas films.
½ February 26, 2018
One of my family's favorites. Jim Carrey is brilliant.
February 24, 2018
it's because i'm green isn't it..

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

After walking out of this feature the only thing one remembers and discusses about is Jim Carrey and his excellent performance in it since beyond that it doesn't have anything to offer. How The Grinch Stole Christmas is a reasonable childish feature that fulfills and checks off each and every fantasy of a five year old kid but forgets to offer anything more than that in order to satisfy it and hence restraints itself to go bold. Ron Howard is disappointingly not in its A game resulting into some poor execution, amateur editing and loosely placed sequences. As mentioned earlier, its a Jim Carrey's show and he has a lot to offer in here, with amazing skill and perfect comic timing he demands attention from the viewers. How The Grinch Stole Christmas has some one liners, cliched comic sequences and petty writing that miraculously comes alive and helps survive it by stellar performance.
January 26, 2018
Loved the movie, it brought the cartoon to real life to me. Some parts of it was creepy but you could look over it with the sense of humor it brings.
January 19, 2018
My families favorite Christmas movie!! Lots of laughs from Carey
January 6, 2018
I have always liked this adaptation of the grinch more than the original
January 1, 2018
I would still love this movie even if it was growing on my ass!
December 31, 2017
(SEE 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas')
December 30, 2017
Exploring the Grinch's back story was such a disappointment. This is one classic story that didn't need to be reborn.
½ December 29, 2017
This movie was unfunny bad and there's a disturbing scene when the grinch lands in a girls boobs! Do not recommend it at all!!!
December 28, 2017
There are too many silly extended scenes featuring Carey. I thought the girl wasn't quite suited to her role, and the face costumes of the townspeople were a bit too scary.
½ December 27, 2017
Should have been an Animated Feature in the same vein as the Lorax and Horton hears a Who.
½ December 25, 2017
Jim Carrey is great in it, but in trying to expand the story, we get some boring nonsense. Kids who didn't grow up on the cartoon might dig it though...
½ December 23, 2017
Worst.Jim.Carrey.Movie.Ever. And that?s saying something.
December 22, 2017
It is so funny Jim Carey at his best
December 22, 2017
Jim Carey is AMAZING in this movie. Adults & children will marvel in the special effects, the story and of course, Carey's performance. I grew up with the cartoon; however, I smile like crazy when I watch the movie. In my household, Christmas doesn't begin until we see the Grinch's facial expressions & sarcastic under the breath comments!