How to Beat the High Cost of Living Reviews

• Sep 27, 2020

To answer the titular question: Invent a time machine, because this feels dated, especially next to The Dab's other 1980 feminist satire.

• Aug 22, 2020

I went with 2 stars for this movie, Idk if I would give it more stars though. I seen it once and I think that I would watch it again. 80's comedy that seems dated but the concept of the high cost of living remains the same. Kinda funny and silly alright movie known actors and a SNL type vibe to it. A group of ladies rob a giant money ball filled with money and chaos happens 2 stars.

• Jan 13, 2020

The movie still holds up and so do the themes of just getting by financially. Great performances and fun script.

• Jan 19, 2017

I think it's funny; lots of cute, young actors who became stars later. It's just silly and charming AND I lived in Eugene at the time but I don't remember them filming this.

• Nov 05, 2016

Pretty funny. Curtin's major feature debut.

Pretty funny. Curtin's major feature debut.

• Apr 30, 2012

As a movie - meh. As a precursor/companion piece to "9to5" and "the first wives club" - fascinating. As a 1980 social/fashion/lifestyle time capsule - invaluable.