How To Change The World Reviews

• Oct 18, 2016

The great untold story of the environmentalist's Greenpeace movement.

The great untold story of the environmentalist's Greenpeace movement.

• Jul 22, 2016

A highly interesting and informative documentary about the best known of today's international environmental movements. Told from archival footage and first-hand recollections, this tale of running on emotions & righteousness shows how tenuous those first few years were. Then came the consolidation with European groups and the early "days of glory" were mostly behind them. A shame that GreenPeace has continued to rely more on emotions and fund-raising rather than facts and overwhelming science. For the most part is seems that only Dr. Moore actually moved on and grew with the movement. Unfortunately his interests seem to be with whatever group offers him a title and wages - as his recent passions seem to follow neither strong emotions nor the facts of hard science. Another great shame that those whales and seals GreenPeace fought for may well be extinct in the early 22nd century from ocean acidification. No plankton, no small fish or baleen whales. What a wild thought that it may well be the estranged alter-technology of those Amchitka bombs (nuclear power through Gen III+ and Gen IV) which are most likely to de-carbonise this climate-changed globe and allow Gaia to enter another golden age of EcoModernism.

• May 06, 2016

Pretty amazing film, makes me proud to be from Vancouver as well. Definitely one of the best docs I've seen in a while.

• Apr 25, 2016

Fascinating, but not engrossing documentary on the rise of the movement known as Greenpeace. While the events and work are heart-wrenchingly disturbing to watch, the moments that deal with the founding members are a tad less personal and captivating. Nevertheless, its an essential piece of film-making in an era where environmental issues are paramount. There are scenes that will haunt you, and thats a good thing.

• Jan 03, 2016

I think this doc just further solidified my view that the good intentions don't always end well.

• Dec 11, 2015

The true story of the foundation of Greenpeace

The true story of the foundation of Greenpeace

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Sep 21, 2015

Using a great amount of precious 16 mm reels, this is a remarkable account of the efforts undertaken by the Greenpeace organization in the '70s and '80s as an extraordinary movement that set out to stop ecological crimes and had to deal with a lot of tension inside their own group.

• Sep 15, 2015

Affecting, exciting and even moving documentary about the birth of Greenpeace.

Affecting, exciting and even moving documentary about the birth of Greenpeace.

John B Super Reviewer
    Apr 24, 2015

A very nostalgic trip back to the creation of Greenpeace. We re-meet individuals who we have come to know quite well as legends of the movement - Bob Hunter and Paul Watson in particular. It provides great insight in how individuals can often undermine any social change.

• Mar 05, 2015

Green peace . . . The good, the bad, the ugly !

Green peace . . . The good, the bad, the ugly !